The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Liverpool finishing 5th without Suarez and Parky is 3-0?

Its not like they didn't have a wad of cash to replace him (or his goals) with.

5th after losing Suarez to injury on the first weekend of September so no chance to replace him would be decent, 5th after having the chance to spend in the region of £100m is not

Is Rodgers actually good? I really don't know tbh.

Haven't a clue either. I think he's similar to Martinez, knows a fair bit about style and the kind of philosophy he wants, but not so good at making sure he wins all the time. Maybe it's fundamentally impossible for those managers to do that.

5th is good considering the teams in front of them and what they spent. I think fourth for Liverpool this year would have been an excellent result. Should be Parky 1-1 Rodgers.

Guest neesy111

His transfer policy is poor, so many bad buys similar to when rafa was at Liverpool, just threw money everywhere.

5th is good considering the teams in front of them and what they spent. I think fourth for Liverpool this year would have been an excellent result. Should be Parky 1-1 Rodgers.

They're currently 22 points and 50 goals short of where they were a year ago with a game still to play. They've also fallen out of the CL places too.

Rodgers and his club have failed miserably this season. They lost their crown jewel but it's turned to shit and completely unravelled.

Guest neesy111

His transfer policy is poor, so many bad buys similar to when rafa was at Liverpool, just threw money everywhere.

Rafa used it to win stuff, though.

That's true.

That's true.

Apart from fluking the European Cup, I feel Rafa should have done wayyyy more with the squads he had.

That's true.

Apart from fluking the European Cup, I feel Rafa should have done wayyyy more with the squads he had.

Consistently got them to at least Champions League semis at least iirc which is a brilliant achievement for the team he had. Over the course of a season the team with the best players generally wins and I think Chelsea and Man Utd at the time had better players so wouldn't blame Rafa too much

Which squads? He's won stuff at every club he's been at since Tenerife.

At Liverpool. Only challenged for the title once.

Which isn't much of a criticism considering the deficiencies in his squad compared to those of Chelsea and Man U.

Just seen this, Cannavaro's tribute to Stevie G on twitter.  :mackems:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/17/14/28C778C900000578-0-image-a-1_1431868176313.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As we all know, Liverpool Football Club is special. Different. Classy. Unique. Special. Unique. Classy. Unique. Iconic. Unique. Special. Unique. Clubby. Clubbish. Clubesque. Special. Unique. Increasingly irrelevant. Over the hill. Past-it. Yesterday’s news. Special. Unique. Iconic. Unique. Special. Special. Special. Unique. Liverpool Football Club are special. And unique. And special. And classy. They’re special and specially unique and uniquely specially and specially special and uniquely classy and they have a different way of doing things, you wouldn’t understand, you just wouldn’t, because you’re not special, or classy, or unique, you’re not Liverpool Football Club, and you wouldn’t understand, so don’t even bother, just accept it, they’re the best football team in the tra-la-la-la land.

Liverpool Football Club’s specialness and uniqueness and classiness naturally places them in a position to pat lesser clubs on the head and let them know of their place in the food chain. Clubs, say, like Southampton, who were browbeaten into selling Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren to mighty Liverpool last summer. “They have a choice as a club,” Liverpool’s head guru, Brendan Rodgers, roared last August. “They don’t have to sell. You have a choice. Maybe Southampton’s objectives have changed. They were looking to be a [big Cup] club, I believe. They obviously wanted to change. There might be one or two others who leave. It’s just the way it works.” It’s. Just. The. Way. It. Works.

Words to live by. Poetry in motion that comes to mind now that Raheem Sterling is busy letting Liverpool know that the way it works is that he would like to leave in the summer, maybe join a bigger club, play for a team who actually have a chance of winning something in the near future, that there’s only so many times he can hear about the Miraculous Miracle of Istanbul before he’s forced to go all Van Gogh on his ears.

Treason! Naturally Sterling’s desire to play for a good team has been met with fury and The Fiver assumes he has spent the day locked in Melwood’s Re-education Chamber, a crack team of Phil Thompson, John Bishop and John Aldridge taking it in turns to hammer home the uniqueness and specialness and classiness of Liverpool Football Club, making sure Sterling knows that he will forever walk alone if he joins Manchester City, a terrifying prospect indeed. It’s just the way it works.

Guardian article.  Wow.