The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I don't like Klopp at all, he's been unimpressive since he came to the premier league, he gurns and smiles when his team concedes, he talks incoherent garbage in interviews, and this summer he hasn't sorted out their defence or keeper situation.

I don't like Klopp at all, he's been unimpressive since he came to the premier league, he gurns and smiles when his team concedes, he talks incoherent garbage in interviews, and this summer he hasn't sorted out their defence or keeper situation.

Surely this is a point in Klopp's favour?  For the rest of us, like.

• 7 months later...
Guest firetotheworks

:thup:

'I'm inspired by Rocky' :lol:

Aren't we all, Jurgen. Can fully imagine his training sessions with The Rocky Theme, Eye of the Tiger, No Easy Way Out, Hearts on Fire, and Burning Heart on repeat.

Credit where credit is due, the atmosphere inside the ground was probably the best i've seen from an English team. That sort of stuff however is obviously not acceptable, and proves Liverpool fans aren't always the perfectly behaved angels they claim to be.

Guest Howaythetoon

Create the intimidating atmosphere inside the stadium... trashing a bus is yob behaviour and unnaacceotable. If NUFC fans behaved like that I’d be disgusted. Police and LFC should have had that road blocked off...

I was travelling when the match was in so missed most of the stuff about it, but Liverpool fans have reinvented themselves as some type of continental ultra radgies then is that right?

Not sure Juventus fans would consider it a total reinvention.

Have to admit my hatred towards them has softened a bit since we have a joint love of Rafa.  Their plastic fans piss me off though.

'Now joining us on the line is Steve from Hertfordshire, a Liverpool fan'

*Some absolute nobber obviously from nowhere near Liverpool comes on proclaiming how he's Liverpool through and through*

Every successful team picks up geographically-random footy fans. Liverpool in the 70s and 80s, Man U in the 90s and noughties. You can chuck Arsenal and Chelsea into the mix and even NUFC, through playing style rather than real achievement obviously, had more of a widespread interest/fan base for a while. Pretty sure it’ll be Citeh now/next. The Mancunian proportion of their crowd and fan base will soon dwindle.

Aye, Liverpool seem to have a disproportionately large following of 'fans' with absolutely no connection to the club though.  I'm not talking about forrins, they'll generally have no connection to any English club so if they want to support an English team then it's fair game to pick whichever one they fancy.  I'm talking about the contingent of British plastics who 'support' them just because they're good.  Theirs seem more vocal / noticeable than the Man U / Man City / Chelsea lot anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
West Brom produced a "useless comeback" by scoring two late goals to take a point at the Hawthorns, says Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.

The hosts were 2-0 down after 79 minutes - Danny Ings and Mohamed Salah on target for the Reds - before goals from Jake Livermore and Salomon Rondon.

However the Baggies will be relegated on Sunday if Swansea beat Manchester City.

"I don't think that point will help West Brom massively, it is a complete waste of points. They don't need it, we would have needed it," Klopp added.

"They are happy now, we are not happy. We stay in the league, they don't stay in the league - it is a strange situation."

The German also criticised the Hawthorns' "dry pitch" after the draw.

He’s a real twat sometimes.