The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I assume it's wrong to quite like Liverpool these days :coat:

They're just too insufferable and pious. And Suarez. They play some great football though, great on the eye.

Worried about Chelsea - don't know how they're still so close to the top.

Hope Arsenal win it, suspect Man City might pip them to it.

Chelsea or Man City will win it, fully expect both to step it up now and Liverpool to tail off to some extent

Liverpool have always been quite good at raising their game for big guns historically. They've coupled that with being adept and ruthless at dealing with "minnows" of the league (the Hull result, aside). Think they'll be in the mix for a good long while.

They've been playing some very exciting stuff. We rely on 'moments of magic' largely.

Yep. Surprised by a lot of the praise that we're getting in terms of our style of football at the moment, we're still miles behind the top teams in terms of attacking impetus, despite having the players to produce something better. Not many will complain while we're winning, of course.

Think Rodgers has done himself no favours with his little rant at the officials. The offside decision was disgraceful, but the rest were correct, all he's done is detract Liverpool and their good form and put the focus elsewhere.

Be interesting to see how the team responds.

Back-to-back defeats, out of the top 4, only 2 clear of Man U & Spurs and not being even in a Europa Cup spot now...2-2?

Could be.

Glad they lost the big headed cunts. Rodgers little rant which will hopefully see him banned hasn't helped their cause at all. Fingers crossed the next game they drop points and manure go ahead of them.

0 points from their 2 big tests. Outside the top 4 at the halfway stage of the season - unsure how it can be anything other than 2-2.

...if you see them as title challengers. Many of their own fans would happily take the position they're in now.

0 points from their 2 big tests. Outside the top 4 at the halfway stage of the season - unsure how it can be anything other than 2-2.

...if you see them as title challengers. Many of their own fans would happily take the position they're in now.

Many of their fans reckon Saurez will win them the title this season. Manu will be ahead of them in a few games time.

They're about where people would think they would be, so 2-2 it is.

They have to be considered title challengers due to a) how open it is at the top and b) having the best player in the world of the past couple of months in their team. Then again, Suarez has been rather a lot less effective in the past 2 games when he hasn't been against awful defenders.

I don't think they'll win the title and I don't think they'll finish 2nd or even 3rd. Doesn't mean they won't challenge though.

That's why I reckon 2-2 now. They're meeting expectations. Top 4, Rodgers leads, if they slip out of the top 6, Parky leads, otherwise, draw.

Having had to deal with their fans on a daily basis I've found the majority quite level headed in terms of their expectations and progress this season.

Just watch yourself if you're close to a wall eh?

Then again, Suarez has been rather a lot less effective in the past 2 games when he hasn't been against awful defenders.

He's a flat-track bully.

Read a stat the other day that showed virtually all of his goals come against clubs outside the "Top 6". Something like more than a goal a game against crap clubs and one in three against the "big teams". If anyone who cared enough to dig that up I'd be appreciative :D

Guest Howaythetoon

Liverpool have improved massively over the last 2 or so seasons and deserve to be in front for their football alone. They managed to keep Suarez and are also getting the best out of him. Average players like Henderson have also improved and they realised their errors with Carroll and Downing and quickly peddled them. A few Liverpool fans I know say this is as good as they've seen them play in a long long time. I still think it wil, all come crashing down on them though, but up to now, they should leading.

Err … what would you expect? More goals against better opposition?

Not at all - but if the numbers that Froggy produced are correct (and they sound familiar) then he's battering the rubbish teams but hardly scoring against good defenders. He's "one of the best in the world", but only against poor defenders...? Doesn't it concern you as a Liverpool fan that he doesn't get on the score sheet in the big games you really want to win?

Err … what would you expect? More goals against better opposition?

Not at all - but if the numbers that Froggy produced are correct (and they sound familiar) then he's battering the rubbish teams but hardly scoring against good defenders. He's "one of the best in the world", but only against poor defenders...? Doesn't it concern you as a Liverpool fan that he doesn't get on the score sheet in the big games you really want to win?

It's hardly just about him, is it? Better opposition means less possession, fewer scoring chances.

The fact that we aren't beating better sides is a concern, Suarez's individual goal tally not so much. 1 goal in 3 games against the teams around us is hardly something to be sniffed at. Saying, "ah, but he does so much better against weaker opposition" doesn't change that.

Obviously, I'd prefer it if he were banging in three every week, regardless of who we're playing, but I don't see it as great cause for concern nor evidence that he's a "flat-track bully".

This stage last year Van Persie had scored 14 , including the winners against Liverpool and City away and goals in an away win at Chelsea and a home win at Arsenal.

Were people raving as much about Van Persie last year as they are about Suarez this year? A fit RVP is still the better player IMO and will make the difference in a title race.

If Suarez starts doing it against the big sides then Liverpool will be right up there.

This stage last year Van Persie had scored 14 , including the winners against Liverpool and City away and goals in an away win at Chelsea and a home win at Arsenal.

Were people raving as much about Van Persie last year as they are about Suarez this year? A fit RVP is still the better player IMO and will make the difference in a title race.

If Suarez starts doing it against the big sides then Liverpool will be right up there.

A fit RVP is essential for your top 4 hopes.  However a fit RVP isn't better than Suarez. Suarez is far and away the best player in the Premiership.