The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles  4m4 minutes ago

Rodgers: 'It's a game that we had almost full control of.' #NUFC #LFC

That's Pardew levels of bullshit. :lol:

:lol:

I don't think we dominated or anything, it probably would have been reasonably fair if they'd won 1-0, neither team did much in attack and both teams going for counter attacks meant it was very poor quality. They didn't look like scoring ever really though and put us under no sustained pressure. We should have scored 2 and we made our chance count.

Rodgers is probably trying not to criticize his players but they need a kick up the arse by the looks of things.

Balotelli, lol.

Gerrard looks old and shit.  Allen is pointless, rather have Colback.  I rate Henderson but he has been shire this season.  Coutinho is just a shit Ben Arfa and Sterling is massively operated.  Defenders are shire too.  Lambert is a joke.

They need Sturridhe back immediately.  And they should have signed Remy.

They did seem to attack a bit more dynamically before the ball got to Suarez last season, they were very quick to get the ball forward and made a lot of chances like that. However yes, so much hinged on Suarez's brilliance. I also think they hit their stride last season in the second half when some other teams were falling away, (we did similar if less dramatic in the season we finished 5th) and I wonder if that rather disguised that there are big weaknesses in the team.