The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Now Manchester United are seemingly in the post '90 Liverpool stage, the media are dying for Liverpool to reclaim their seat at the top of the table. I enjoy watching Liverpool play, they've played with a finesse in the main since Ted Rodgers took the reins but the media representation of them goes off the scale, and to be honest,even in the preceding 20 odd years without the Titles, it's been like that, as it was when they were ruling the roost.

Can't stand them, I am surrounded by them at work and they're crawling out of the woodwork again. I bet one lad at work they wouldn't win the league last season, now he's taken me on double or quits for this season, so I have extra incentive to see them fail!

That and the scouse accent is like fucking nails down a blackboard.

That midfield was gash. Stevie G's hollywood ball is overrated, overused, and way past its sell-by date. Teams like Citeh will sit behind and watch that all day long without much to worry about. Markovic and Can did bring a spark to that area, so they could still eventually look good in there.

That midfield was gash. Stevie G's hollywood ball is overrated, overused, and way past its sell-by date. Teams like Citeh will sit behind and watch that all day long without much to worry about. Markovic and Can did bring a spark to that area, so they could still eventually look good in there.

Stevie G's Hollywood ball is like all passes.  Hit his target= good. Doesn't hit his target = bad.

Stevie G's Hollywood ball is like all passes.  Hit his target= good. Doesn't hit his target = bad.

Really? :lol: So you don't think there are passes that move the team better or create more openings than other types of passes?

Very few of Gerrard's long passes are actually effective. They remind me of Cabaye's floated corners, which even if they hit their target, are still useless and pretty much shit.

Really? :lol: So you don't think there are passes that move the team better or create more openings than other types of passes?

Very few of Gerrard's long passes are actually effective. They remind me of Cabaye's floated corners, which even if they hit their target, are still useless and pretty much shit.

It was the way past its sell by date bit I was referring to. A successful long ball though obviously harder to pull off is a thing of beauty.  Gerrard like Beckham before him does it without success  too often though I agree. Hoddle was the master of this skill.

From the point of view of the competition, it was a bit worrying that Liverpool played so well but still ended up with a comprehensive beating.

City do that to almost everyone tbf, they are ridiculously clinical and have the deepest squad in the league.

It's why they won it last year and IMO at least why they'll win it again.

I think Mario will be a really good signing for them - he'll go a long way towards filling the void left by Suarez. It's a damned fucking shame.

Balotelli scored 8 goals outside of set pieces last season or so I was told

If he bothers himself, and takes on board what people say to him, then £16m will look like a bargain.

It's about time he grew up as a player and I don't know if he'll do that at Liverpool. There's a real talent there, if only he could see what he could be.

If he bothers himself, and takes on board what people say to him, then £16m will look like a bargain.

It's about time he grew up as a player and I don't know if he'll do that at Liverpool. There's a real talent there, if only he could see what he could be.

I've given out a bit of stick to Liverpool fans for wasting the money on a risk like him. Just be typical now he hits form and gives them ammo to ram my own words down my throat.

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Liverpool won't win the league, but they ought not to be too concerned by their defeat to City who are the Champions and for me still the best in the division.

Liverpool were to expansive and open and shouldn't have approached the game as they did, but this is how they play just as we played the way we did under KK and they will absolutely kill the majority of sides they face playing the way they do.

I expect them to challenge, but fall short ultimately. It's a straight fight between City and Chelsea for me then a fight between Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and spurs for the other two CL spots.

They are the best footballing side in the league and although I can't stand them as a club, I do enjoy watching them play. They remind me a lot of KK's NUFC team, a real joy to watch.

Liverpool won't win the league, but they ought not to be too concerned by their defeat to City who are the Champions and for me still the best in the division.

Liverpool were to expansive and open and shouldn't have approached the game as they did, but this is how they play just as we played the way we did under KK and they will absolutely kill the majority of sides they face playing the way they do.

I expect them to challenge, but fall short ultimately. It's a straight fight between City and Chelsea for me then a fight between Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and spurs for the other two CL spots.

They are the best footballing side in the league and although I can't stand them as a club, I do enjoy watching them play. They remind me a lot of KK's NUFC team, a real joy to watch.

You don't see Arsenal rivalling City or Chelsea? - They keep adding in more quality players, if Ozil finds his feet and as does Sanchez does well early they could start to challenge.

Guest thenorthumbrian

From the point of view of the competition, it was a bit worrying that Liverpool played so well but still ended up with a comprehensive beating.

The competition could very quickly become a two horse race, not good.

It's a massive gamble for Liverpool, but for £16m they'll never get a player guaranteed to take them to the next level. Worth a punt, but I'd say less than 50% chance of success.

A massive gamble, £16m for a striker? Nah. Only for little clubs like us.