James Perch

BeloEmre

Mike Ashley needs to set up 'Newcastle United recycling consultancy'.  Other clubs can pay us £1m per player they send and they can send their rubbish players to be trained by Pardew for 2 months over the summer and have them back as world beaters.  Obviously Woodman and Carver will have to set up some kind of manchurian candidate dungeon to turn them into rubbish players again at the sight of black and white stripes but we can work out the details later.  We're gonna be rich.

Still have those words of Pardew after a game last season in the ears - "Perch's Newcastle career has just started" - in a time that most of us hoped he'd be shipped out. How times can change.

Guest bimpy474

He'd be ideal in an England squad with his versatilty.

This comment just shows how well this lad has done this season.

Brilliant stuff this like :D

He would though, I'm not being facetious here. Last season I wouldn't have selected him for the Dog and Duck but this lad really has made some serious improvement, and whilst he isn't a first choice for us, the fact he can perform adequately in 2 or 3 positions would be a Godsend to a manager, who has already filled a squad place for the Euros with a player who may only play in one game.

Guest Phil K

If he can continue at RB as his usual spot plus developing his crosses... we got new Jose Enrique on right side. Perch is that strong... his tackle is scarily good. He is typical non sense defender.

I'm a convert.

I have seen the light !

Praise Perchie !

In all seriousness though - wow. What a turnabout by the lad.

Guest bimpy474

He would though, I'm not being facetious here. Last season I wouldn't have selected him for the Dog and Duck but this lad really has made some serious improvement, and whilst he isn't a first choice for us, the fact he can perform adequately in 2 or 3 positions would be a Godsend to a manager, who has already filled a squad place for the Euros with a player who may only play in one game.

I agree but it'll be Phil Jones who will fill the versatility role.

Perch has been excellent this spring, lets just not get ahead of ourselves. Hes been pretty dire before getting chances this spring. I think 85% of this forum including me, believed he had no business to be in our squad.

Perch has been excellent this spring, lets just not get ahead of ourselves. Hes been pretty dire before getting chances this spring. I think 85% of this forum including me, believed he had no business to be in our squad.

And in the summer a large population were horrified that Ba was replacing AC35

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/04/newcastle-united-papiss-cisse-manchester-city?

James Perch, too, could play a vital role tomorrow. A regular substitute this season, the former Nottingham Forest defender has impressed whenever he has been called on to serve as an understudy in assorted positions including central defence, left-back, right-back and in central midfield.

With Danny Simpson struggling to be fit to operate at right-back the man dubbed "Perchino" by Newcastle fans is likely to start against City on Sunday. "When he's in the dressing room before playing you'd think James is just getting ready to go out for a pizza," said Pardew who has performed wonders to improve individuals such as Perch, Mike Williamson and Ryan Taylor almost beyond recognition.

"He doesn't get too fazed by anything, it doesn't matter whether I tell him 'today it's right-back' or 'it's left-back'. He just crosses his legs and has a cup of tea. He doesn't put any pressure on himself which comes from confidence in his own ability. Coming here from Nottingham Forest James did not get instant respect. He had to earn it but he's now at the top of his game."

:lol: Loving Perchinio's style!