James Perch

BeloEmre

Feel a bit bad for all the bad mouthing of him now :| liability at centre-back but capable midfielder.

Didn't he mostly play in midfield for Nottingham Forest anyway? Pretty sure he played usually DMC but filled in for defence when needed for them.

Anyways, doing a decent job for us in recent games

Far less of a liability at CM than CB. Nothing flash by any stretch of the imagination but did ok against Villa.

I'd rather play him than someone like Smith. Couldn't trust him for more than the odd match or 2 like... :sad:

I have misgivings of putting him at CM alongside Guthrie in a 4-4-2 ,  but the lad did very well and played a big part in Guthrie being superb.

I like the praise he is getting on here. He deserves it and has now been instrumental in us picking up valuable points and we should not lose sight of this.

TBF he will struggle against the midfield of the top tier teams, but if we need him to step in at least we bringing in a player with loads of confidence and who now has more experience playing in a DM position.

He obviously isnt a starter when all is back, but he is worthy backup who we got relatively cheap, doesnt moan or rock the boat and is prepared to wait until called upon. You have to appreciate that. 

Against Spurs, my worry about the Perch + Guthrie combination at CM in a 4-4-2 is that they may be up against a really experienced, slick combination of Parker + Modric. We cant have Guthrie being neutralised as he needs to make us tick and we have to find a way to keep Modric at bay because they may have vdV and Bale to contend with as well depending on availability and selection.

I am a little bit more worried about this Saturday than most others.