James Perch

BeloEmre

By the way, there's absolutely nothing mental about suggesting Tiote should go before Perch. Perch's worst games in midfield have been nowhere near as bad as some of the depths Tiote has plunged to this last season and a bit.

He's a good utility player and with R.Taylor out for next season I think it's a poor decision to let him go especially when we have other players who we should let go ahead of him who are not cut out at this level and no doubt are probably on higher wages as well.

By the way, there's absolutely nothing mental about suggesting Tiote should go before Perch. Perch's worst games in midfield have been nowhere near as bad as some of the depths Tiote has plunged to this last season and a bit.

Perch's best games have been nowhere near as good as Tiote's have been since he joined. A good coach could work with Tiote to get the best out of him. Perch really isn't going to improve. He's a Championship player.

I think there is TBH. Tiote had a terrible season but in general he's a much better player than Perch.

It's especially strange if you're going to advocate getting rid of Perch but at the same time criticise the signing of people like Tomkins.

I love a bit of Perchy :( Shame to see him go, but maybe this pushes Anita/Bigi closer to the team. Altough it could also be another Guthrie/Best situation.

Dont go, James and the Giant Perch!

Came in, got a lot of grief and where other players may have disappeared, fought his way back. If he does leave will leave with his head held high and can see him doing a good job at Wigan. Has limitations yes, but is a solid player and would never shirk a challenge.

I've seen him be PL, Championship and League One level in the time he's played for us. If his recent improvement is permanent then he is probably capable of doing a very basic job for a lower-PL club. I doubt any of them would actively sign him though.

He's been poor apart from the games playing DM where he's been a reasonably calming influence probably largely because he accepts his limitations unlike certain alternatives, but he's still not good enough there and wouldn't have got in our 09/10 midfield.

Disappointing news to go with our disappointing pre-season so far.

Anything specific (apart from Kinnear) that's getting you down champ?

Too many to mention. Can't think of a club with a more calamitous pre-season than this.