Dan Gosling

Dave

• 5 months later...
Guest Roger Kint

Being offered to Championship clubs on loan next season. According to Douglas he's on 25k a week though - surely not?!

Free transfer, had PL experience, hardly a massive deal in those circumstances

• 2 weeks later...

Was actually excited about this guy when we signed him  :rolleyes:

Me too, hard working midfielder, not the most gifted technically or remotely quick but will get into the box and score a few goals. Put the Everton comments down to bitterness at how he left them but turns out they were spot in :okay:

He needs to watch some of my Nolan DVD's.

He'll be handy for a Hull or a Cardiff.

:thup: I think he's a promoted team squad filler or a promotion-chasing team's 20-game third choice midfielder.

Shocking signing for him and the club.

Think it was a fucking brilliant signing for him. He's been raking in £25k/week for doing sod all. He hit the jackpot when he signed because he's clearly never been good enough to justify either the move or the wages that came with it.

FWIW I don't hold that against him for a moment. We took a chance, it didn't work out. Feel very "meh" about his entire time with us.

It is too bad.. he had so much potential at Everton. Looked like we had bagged a potential start and future England international.

He has had a horrible run with injuries which is a shame for the lad. Looks like it has wasted any potential he had. Championship fodder is what looks likely...but to be honest its hard to make that assessment when he has only appeared a handful of times in between injuries.