Dan Gosling

Dave

The boy need games at a crucial time of his career, it's the right thing to do to let him go. 

Ironically he is one of a very few players that actually suit Pardew's game lol.  A player that can make late runs into the box to pounce on second-balls.

Didn't make many runs or pounce on many balls hence why he's outa here.

Shame, I was really delighted when he signed as he seems like he was going to do good things

Ah well  :undecided:

The boy need games at a crucial time of his career, it's the right thing to do to let him go. 

Ironically he is one of a very few players that actually suit Pardew's game lol.  A player that can make late runs into the box to pounce on second-balls.

Shame, I was really delighted when he signed as he seems like he was going to do good things

Didn't make it into many games either.

Either way not bothered in the least that he's going.

Didn't make it into many games either.

Either way not bothered in the least that he's going.

He'll not be missed (which is a shame in itself)

Guest icemanblue

yes thank you crystal palace we will take your money for dan gosling thank you bye for now all the best

Crystal Palace don't seem to be going all out in the transfer market. Their transfers seem to be an admittance that they are going down but getting a team together that should take the Championship apart for when they do go down.

We probably need the money.

More like we don't need to spend money on a player who won't be playing. We have kids coming through that can fill that role.

Yeah, all that talent we produce.

This you being arsey, or do you think we'll actually miss him?

I'm hoping the first, as I'm sure you recognise that his sitting on the bench (if we've lost faith in him) acts as a block to whatever we do have coming through.

Palace fans all seem quite pleased about signing him which I find a bit odd. When someone has pointed out Newcastle fans don't rate him they've just decided we're ignorant. I suppose this is a but like us when Neil warned us about him. Oh well they'll learn.

Interesting side point the palace fans pointed out is that Holloway may well know Gosling from Plymouth.

At this rate we're going have difficulties to register minimum of 8 home grown players in the squad. Still leaving before end of the transfer window...Willo, Shola, Ferguson? 3 more HG players

Guest Nobbys Trumpet

Sammy as well

Too surprised we're actually getting money for this fella, remember being buzzing when we got him cos I thought he had a lot of potential

I always forget he "played" for us, what a waste of 3 years or however long he's been at NUFC.

Good to see we're thinning out the squad after Pardews concerns our squad was too thin though, nothing to do with us only playing 40 games next season of course.

At this rate we're going have difficulties to register minimum of 8 home grown players in the squad. Still leaving before end of the transfer window...Willo, Shola, Ferguson? 3 more HG players

The 8 HG players is not a requirement. Rather it's a case of being able to register 17 non-HG players only. You can supplement the numbers with your U-21 players (don't count towards quota) if you have a lot of faith in them (mostly not ready in our case).

Of course this will leave us desperately short on numbers.

All I can remember of him was his atrocious backpass leading to a goal and his red card (same match I think).

Nothing of value was lost here.

Hit the post against Martimo away and made a great save against Everton.

All I can remember of him was his atrocious backpass leading to a goal and his red card (same match I think).

Nothing of value was lost here.

Hit the post against Martimo away and made a great save against Everton.

Sorry, that didn't make an impression on me. :lol:

Has this been reported anywhere other than on SSN? It isn't even mentioned on the Sky Sports website.

Never saw enough of Gosling to make a judgement. He was injured most of the time and when he wasn't injured he wasn't getting into the first team. No loss if he leaves and doesn't need to be replaced.

With him and perch gone it means more appearances for Bigi, which I'm very happy about.

Good luck to him, just never worked out here, think they injury we had when we got him has taken enough of his game away to effect his career for good.