Dan Gosling

Dave

excellent signing, we should be filling squad places as cheaply as possible, and saving what cash we have for a striker, as without goals we won't stay up

:thup:

If rumours are to be believed that sounds like what we're doing too.

what rumours?  elaborate please

excellent signing, we should be filling squad places as cheaply as possible, and saving what cash we have for a striker, as without goals we won't stay up

:thup:

If rumours are to be believed that sounds like what we're doing too.

what rumours?  elaborate please

We're being linked with cheap centre backs/midfielders and fairly expensive strikers. Could easily be horse shite like.

Guest Stephen927

Waiting for an official announcement but it would be a good signing. Decent player for the present, potentially very good player for the future.

Guest firetotheworks

Do any of you genuinely know if he's that good? Bar that goal against Liverpool I know nothing concrete about him.

Do any of you genuinely know if he's that good? Bar that goal against Liverpool I know nothing concrete about him.

Talking to Neil and some of my family who support Everton, he's alright but nothing special. Usually plays on the right wing but can play in the middle however he rarely got an outing there and such is a bit of an unknown quantity. Obviously they're annoyed he's leaving but that's more to do with the fact they missed out on a half decent fee.

Could mean we are looking to offload Raylor? Considering Gosling is out, a departure in the winter transfer window for Raylor looks possible. I can't see Gosling moving to us without assurance of more first team starts.

How is he going to pass a medical, and if he does shouldn't we be looking at our medical team?

They'll assess his injury and get him to do other things. People sign players all the time when they're carrying an injury.

How is he going to pass a medical, and if he does shouldn't we be looking at our medical team?

It's at the buying clubs discretion how vigorous a medical will be, you can sign a player without giving them a medical.

I certainly think we should take a good look at our medical team if we don't sign him on the basis of him carrying an injury that you have to assume we knew about from day 1.

Guest prestonj1989

In the 'NUFC Transfer Rumours' thread, before the deal was announced there were more than a couple of negative and sceptical views on any possible deal.

EDIT: Had a quick browse in the Transfer Rumours thread and just picked out a couple of examples:

I am not keen tbh. From what I have seen I don't particularly rate him and don't think he is better than what we have.

Why would we want someone who's crocked btw?

In relation to my above comment I am still not keen. The only reason being I just don't rate him and feel that signing him means we are less likely to sign someone else. However, it is good news that we have beaten other teams to get him. I hope he proves me wrong by putting some good performances in but I can't see it. Apologies for being a bit negative.

In the 'NUFC Transfer Rumours' thread, before the deal was announced there were more than a couple of negative and sceptical views on any possible deal.

EDIT: Had a quick browse in the Transfer Rumours thread and just picked out a couple of examples:

I am not keen tbh. From what I have seen I don't particularly rate him and don't think he is better than what we have.

Why would we want someone who's crocked btw?

In relation to my above comment I am still not keen. The only reason being I just don't rate him and feel that signing him means we are less likely to sign someone else. However, it is good news that we have beaten other teams to get him. I hope he proves me wrong by putting some good performances in but I can't see it. Apologies for being a bit negative.

No need to apoliogise man, the idea of forums like these are that people can express their opinions etc. You're as entitled to yours as anybody else is to theirs  :thup:

...I just hope he proves you wrong ;)

Guest Stephen927

Would prefer to see him in the centre of midfield but if not, we'll have Danny Danny Danny Danny Gosling on the wing, on the wing.

What are his FM stats like? Someone screen shot in.

Here you go gaylords, here's for all the Football Gay Manager fans.

Note this is 2009 so his stats may have improved abit or shafted.

http://i36.tinypic.com/6rhn2h.jpg

What are his FM stats like? Someone screen shot in.

Here you go gaylords, here's for all the Football Gay Manager fans.

Note this is 2009 so his stats may have improved abit or shafted.

http://i36.tinypic.com/6rhn2h.jpg

Kind of shit then, he doesn't even have a face!  :lol: