Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ben Arfa is a good player but im more excited about Cabaye  :pow:

Cabaye looks like he'll be a great player for us, but I'm still more excited about Ben Arfa. Both of them paying together is the most exciting thing of all though :)

Makes a change not to be pinning all of our hopes/optimism on the fitness of one foreign gem :thup:

Isn't that pretty much what we're doing though? :lol:

Love what I've seen from Cabaye so far, but if he's got two of Ba, Shola, Best and Lovenkrands starting up top ahead of him he's not going to do much damage tbh.

Cabaye AND Ben Arfa :)

Everyone forgets Tiote these days. He's not even been on form and we've still been winning.

He has been pony like. Be great if both he and Simpson start kicking on again against QPR.

/that said, knowing our luck Cabaye has just been in a purple patch and is, in actual fact, turboshit. :hmm:

Excellent news. So presuming all goes well is/was the plan to play him behind the striker so a team something like:

Krul

Simpson          Taylor              Colo            Santon

Obertan/Marv        Tiote              Cabaye        Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba/Best/Shola

Looking at that, I do think we've got a first XI that really exceeds that of those who will be expected to be around us in the league this season. Obviously the problem we'll face is getting all 11 playing regularly.

Everyone forgets Tiote these days. He's not even been on form and we've still been winning.

Missed pre-season matches, and been fasting during the opening games of the season, still he's better than most DM in the league :lol:

Missed pre-season matches, and been fasting during the opening games of the season, still he's better than most DM in the league :lol:

Sure he's only still here because he got so many bookings :lol:

He's been alright, but the point I was making is that he barely gets a mention these days on here and he totally changed the team when he arrived last season. If he can hit that level again and Cabaye continues to find his feet: oh mercy.

Sure he's only still here because he got so many bookings :lol:

Probably. We have a few players who are only here because of one big flaw. Tiote gets booked a lot, Jonas can't usually cross, Ben Arfa has had injuries.....for a club in our position its totally worth it but its just slightly enough to put off the top clubs.

Loving all the optimism. 

And loving the French (Tunisian) invasion of our board.

Reading all the contributions from them it would seem clear that a striker like Erdinc was EXACTLY what we needed. Ba would seem best of what we have if he finds his form again.

Cabaye looks like he'll be a great player for us, but I'm still more excited about Ben Arfa. Both of them paying together is the most exciting thing of all though :)

Makes a change not to be pinning all of our hopes/optimism on the fitness of one foreign gem :thup:

Love what I've seen from Cabaye so far, but if he's got two of Ba, Shola, Best and Lovenkrands starting up top ahead of him he's not going to do much damage tbh.

That's my point though, without some sort of quality in front of him I fear Cabaye won't be as effective as he could be.

He's been alright, but the point I was making is that he barely gets a mention these days on here and he totally changed the team when he arrived last season. If he can hit that level again and Cabaye continues to find his feet: oh mercy.

Jeah, our midfield could be fantastic this season :fwap:

Guest reefatoon

Oh dear, i wonder how long into the game it will be before some Forest clogger buckles him.  Gonna be wincing through the whole game.

That's my point though, without some sort of quality in front of him I fear Cabaye won't be as effective as he could be.

I was going to say the same thing myself in response to Rich's post. I am pinning my hopes on Ba showing what he's capable of now the fasting business is over.

Oh dear, i wonder how long into the game it will be before some Forest clogger buckles him.  Gonna be wincing through the whole game.

In all likelihood, the lad won't even be starting. A cameo appearance from the bench is more likely.

Seems to have had a pretty decent influence with only 95 minutes of Best and a couple of sub-par Ba appearances. Wouldn't be too disappointed if that continued throughout the season :)