Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Randy Savage

Well you're right there, in that its just a theory right now. But I'd say its safe to assume Tiote and Cabaye will be fantastic players here and if Ben Arfa shows anywhere near the talent he displayed in France (and in the 3 games at NUFC), then we have a superstar.

Until they're together its all speculation, but I'm pretty confident they'll delight us.

A lot will depend on how he comes back from the broken leg.

I'm not suggesting he was ever anywhere near as good as Ben Arfa, but Carlos Edwards was superb for us in the Championship, broke his leg and was never the same ever again. Ok, he had stepped up a level, but he looked s*** scared to run at players or go near a tackle afterwards.

Cisse on other hand lost no pace whatsoever after two broken legs. F*** me, he was rapid. I recall a game vs Boro when he was running down the wing and he just kept kicking it ahead of himself and accelerating more and more as the smogs made pathetic attempts to keep up.

Well you're right there, in that its just a theory right now. But I'd say its safe to assume Tiote and Cabaye will be fantastic players here and if Ben Arfa shows anywhere near the talent he displayed in France (and in the 3 games at NUFC), then we have a superstar.

Until they're together its all speculation, but I'm pretty confident they'll delight us.

A lot will depend on how he comes back from the broken leg.

I'm not suggesting he was ever anywhere near as good as Ben Arfa, but Carlos Edwards was superb for us in the Championship, broke his leg and was never the same ever again. Ok, he had stepped up a level, but te looked s*** scared to run at players or go near a tackle afterwards.

Cisse on other hand lost no pace whatsoever after two broken legs. f*** me, he was rapid. I recall ca game vs Boro when he was running down the wing and he just kept kicking it ahead of himself and accellerating more and more as the smogs made pathetic attempts to keep up, before just falling away.

Ben Arfa will be fine mentally and physically when he comes back as he's had a massive tackle on the leg he'd broken and it stood up to the impact apart from being badly twisted.

Cisse seemed to get stronger and faster every time he broke his leg, the f***ing freak :lol:

Would've definitely taken him here this summer or any other summer. Massively underrated IMO.

How old is he these days though?

Cisse seemed to get stronger and faster every time he broke his leg, the f***ing freak :lol:

Would've definitely taken him here this summer or any other summer. Massively underrated IMO.

Only 30 :lol: been around for so long

Only 30 :lol: been around for so long

Really? Thought he was ancient! :lol:

Guest mimifrench

Definitely, you need him back and the sooner the better.

I’ve watch the game against QPR and well… you need someone (like HBA) in order to link your midfield with the attack.

Cannot wait until he is fit but there is an issue if we play him on the left straight away with Santon at LB, thats a very raw left side.

So do we keep Jonas on the left until we are sure Santon can cope with Prem football and play HBA wide right or off the striker ?

Cannot wait until he is fit but there is an issue if we play him on the left straight away with Santon at LB, thats a very raw left side.

So do we keep Jonas on the left until we are sure Santon can cope with Prem football and play HBA wide right or off the striker ?

play him and another off a striker, those two pressurise the full backs (ben arfa does pressure well, he does work defensivly even if he's not a ball winner type), jonas tucked in left of a midfiled 3 gives him scope to read in front of him and drift left if ben arfa (or other) hasn't drifted there or look short to get the ball off the full back or come inside in any gap created by ben arfas movement and help the full back defensivly when the ball comes down that side or have the oppo full back passed on to him defensivly and have ben arfa or other pull in. very fluid, very flexible but reliant on the players reading each others movement.

Pardew added that the return of French ace Hatem Ben Arfa will bolster his attacking options too.

"I think you have to remember I've got Hatem Ben Arfa training now," he continued.

"His imagination and flair on that pitch would have been a big asset for us - hopefully, fingers crossed, in two weeks' time he'll be on that pitch for us."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11678_7173905,00.html

Not sure when these quotes are from, but two weeks hopefully?  :'(

I'm pinning my hopes to fuck on Barfa now, tbh.

I can't see Cabaye/Tiote working without him. they look like another Emre/Parker situation, both too deep. Cabaye may do well when he does go forward from time to time, but it doesn't look like that's his default way of playing, and we'll probably only suffer if we do try to shoehorn him into that advanced role. Tiote mopping up in front of the defence, onto Cabaye controlling in the centre, laying the ball off to the wings or onto Barfa to absolute rape the defence (we hope!) would be perfect.

Without Barfa, or a player like Barfa, we just can't move the ball up field. To get the most out of the Tiote/Cabaye partnership, we need another central player, and just one up top imo.

I'm pinning my hopes to fuck on Barfa now, tbh.

I can't see Cabaye/Tiote working without him. they look like another Emre/Parker situation, both too deep. Cabaye may do well when he does go forward from time to time, but it doesn't look like that's his default way of playing, and we'll probably only suffer if we do try to shoehorn him into that advanced role. Tiote mopping up in front of the defence, onto Cabaye controlling in the centre, laying the ball off to the wings or onto Barfa to absolute rape the defence (we hope!) would be perfect.

Without Barfa, or a player like Barfa, we just can't move the ball up field. To get the most out of the Tiote/Cabaye partnership, we need another central player, and just one up top imo.

I think Marveaux could do that for our team as well. Gosling is another option but he won't be as inventive.

:thup: Marveaux's a good shout. At least 'till Barfa returns, and then he can go out and replace Obertan on the wing.

Will readily admit I havn't seen much of him, but can't see Gosling in an advanced position. Like I say though, don't know much about him.