Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Turning us around maybe a bit harsh but think we have been riding our luck a bit, which is great to get points in early but we need more goals. I'm just saying a lot of people including Pardew seem to think him returning to the team will solve all our evident problems, and in long run maybe it will but probably not as soon as he's fit.

Guest Roger Kint

Turning us around maybe a bit harsh but think we have been riding our luck a bit, which is great to get points in early but we need more goals. I'm just saying a lot of people including Pardew seem to think him returning to the team will solve all our evident problems, and in long run maybe it will but probably not as soon as he's fit.

What has Pardew said to suggest that?

Can't find quote now but seem to remember reading a quote after he failed to get a striker saying he would hopefully ease things a lot...could be wrong.

Think you maybe think I'm being more negative than I am, I'm greatly looking forward to him coming back

Can't find quote now but seem to remember reading a quote after he failed to get a striker saying he would hopefully ease things a lot...could be wrong.

Think you maybe think I'm being more negative than I am, I'm greatly looking forward to him coming back

Half of me is, massively. The other half just knows I'll be bricking it every time he's on the pitch and a tackle comes flying in; Not sure I'm looking forward to that very much.

Shame much of the excitement about the midfield partnership of Tiote and Cabaye has dissipated after they both seem to be

a) being bypassed by high balls

b) are both quite deep lying at present

...and, as usual, we're back to hoping we play decent football when HBA returns from injury!

Sounds about right :undecided:

Guest mimifrench

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6085/6149983910_92c1dcba6e_z.jpg

:smitten:

He is very cute, indeed...

But is he training regularly with your team now ?

Any news on him being available for the Forest game ? Don't think he will play this match.

Guest mimifrench

Anyway, if he wants to be part of the French squad in the 2012 Euro, he has to be performant with his/your club, and this very quickly... But i fear he'll be too short for that great event.

It is the same with Cabaye, i mean the fact that they both have the 2012 euro "in sights" will force them to do a great season with NUFC.

Not really when you think "Is Ben Arfa better than Shola? Will he provide more of a link between midfield and attack?"

He doesn't need to come back as Messi but unless his leg really was put on the wrong way round he will be an improvement on what we currently have in terms of his ability and the style we would then be able to play (hopefully less hoof ball).

He should also give Cabaye more opportunity to do what he does best.

We are getting very excited about a couple of games that he's played.

One tremendous goal but are our expectations overly high?

One player - particularly in that position - can make a big difference to a side (eg Bellamy, Beardsley). I have high hopes of him.

I think he really could prove to be the missing piece of the puzzle in our midfield. What we appear to be missing the most is a link between the centre of the park and our strikers...

I have no concerns about his injury record, just think he has been unlucky on two occasions. I do however feel that he should under no circumstances be rushed back. Give it till October if needs be...