Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Cabaye, Tiote and HBA in the same team man. That's just fantastic.  :thup:

Hell of a triangle if we can keep them all on the pitch :fwap:

Hard to actually believe we are in possession of all three. Could be the best we've had since Dyer and Speed ran things down the middle.

Cabaye, Tiote and HBA in the same team man. That's just fantastic.  :thup:

Hell of a triangle if we can keep them all on the pitch :fwap:

Hard to actually believe we are in possession of all three. Could be the best we've had since Dyer and Speed ran things down the middle.

Howay man, they're just going to get sold.

Guest Randy Savage

Tiote-Cabaye-Ben Arfa will be the best midfield outside of the Top 6 and, to be honest, I'd fancy it against Arsenal's and maybe Liverpool's.

I'm getting all emotional just thinking about it.

Tiote did very well last season but how much have you genuinely seen of Ben Arfa and Cabaye? It's very early to make a call on either. As an example, Lorik Cana started brilliantly for us in 2009/10, but halfway through the season he looked suddenly very ordinary and Bruce couldn't wait to get his money back at the end of the season.

It strikes me Ben Arfa gets better with every game he doesn't play, based on a good performance and a cracker of a goal vs Everton who were, to be fair, woeful that day by all accounts.

I would agree that your midfield is certainly your strong point mind.

Tiote-Cabaye-Ben Arfa will be the best midfield outside of the Top 6 and, to be honest, I'd fancy it against Arsenal's and maybe Liverpool's.

I'm getting all emotional just thinking about it.

Tiote did very well last season but how much have you genuinely seen of Ben Arfa and Cabaye? It's very early to make a call on either. As an example, Lorik Cana started brilliantly for us in 2009/10, but halfway through the season he looked suddenly very ordinary and Bruce couldn't wait to get his money back at the end of the season.

It strikes me Ben Arfa gets better with every game he doesn't play, based on a good performance and a cracker of a goal vs Everton who were, to be fair, woeful that day by all accounts.

I would agree that your midfield is certainly your strong point mind.

Everton were poor that day bar the last 20 or so but it was a fair occasion where we made them look bad. For me, Tiote's debut that day was one of the best I've seen, even better than Ben Arfa IMO.

Midfield is potentially very good, however as with most midfields it will rarely line up at full strength and unfortunately our back ups aren't on the same level.

Well you're right there, in that its just a theory right now. But I'd say its safe to assume Tiote and Cabaye will be fantastic players here and if Ben Arfa shows anywhere near the talent he displayed in France (and in the 3 games at NUFC), then we have a superstar.

Until they're together its all speculation, but I'm pretty confident they'll delight us.

Well you're right there, in that its just a theory right now. But I'd say its safe to assume Tiote and Cabaye will be fantastic players here and if Ben Arfa shows anywhere near the talent he displayed in France (and in the 3 games at NUFC), then we have a superstar.

Until they're together its all speculation, but I'm pretty confident they'll delight us.

...until they get sold in the summer of course :shifty:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He'll be a huge asset. Watching the full Everton 90 minutes last week, he'll come to claim and collect the ball all over. Playing in that hole should suit him perfectly.

...until they get sold in the summer of course :shifty:

That goes without saying

:D