Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is getting a bit like groundhog day!

Marveaux is out a year and part of getting match fit naturally involves him putting in 2 or 3 90 minutes performances in the reserves. Pardew obviously thought this was a good idea.

Ben Arfa is out a year and does none of the above even though at one point he was in the team to play for the reserves until a last minute withdrawal.

Everyone on here believes he needs to get match fit and get games under his belt.

Can no one offer any explanation as why Pardew would see fit to do this with players like Marveaux but not Ben Arfa.

(my last attempt at trying for an answer to this).  :-)

Marveaux has only played once for the reserves.

Listen statto, he played twice for a full 90. One might of been the behind closed doors game. The question which you've nicely dodged still stands.

Although I think your a wind up I'll respond anyway.

But Marv is and has been pretty much fully fit for a while due to having a decent pre-season, so much so he managed 120 minutes against Forest. And Marveaux also is not a first teamer (as yet anyway) meaning in League matches he has been restricted to 8-9 minutes. Due to a combination of these things, Marveaux can play in the reserves to sharpen up.

As for Ben Arfa though, he is a first teamer and Pardew clearly wants to use him in games. And despite what you believe, simply playing in as many reserve games as you possibly can does not mean you will get fitter any quicker, you have to space it out otherwise you'll be fucked come match day (which you don't want, as match fit or not Pardew clearly wants him involved).

Listen statto, he played twice for a full 90. One might of been the behind closed doors game. The question which you've nicely dodged still stands.

Listen thicko, Marveaux was ready and fit to play at the back end of last season but wasn't played because his club knew that he would be leaving because he'd run his contract down.  Ben Arfa is still coming back to fitness after a double leg break and an inkle injury during pre-season when he was still trying to regain his fitness.  You're asking questions about two different players who had different injuries and are at a different stage of recovery.

This is getting a bit like groundhog day!

Marveaux is out a year and part of getting match fit naturally involves him putting in 2 or 3 90 minutes performances in the reserves. Pardew obviously thought this was a good idea.

Ben Arfa is out a year and does none of the above even though at one point he was in the team to play for the reserves until a last minute withdrawal.

Everyone on here believes he needs to get match fit and get games under his belt.

Can no one offer any explanation as why Pardew would see fit to do this with players like Marveaux but not Ben Arfa.

(my last attempt at trying for an answer to this).  :-)

Marveaux has only played once for the reserves.

As I said - Marveaux has only played one reserve game to my knowledge. Why didn't Pardew play him or Ben Arfa against Liverpool last week? As if Marveaux was edging to get back to fitness that much, then surely he would have played against Liverpool last week, aye?

Although I think your a wind up I'll respond anyway.

But Marv is and has been pretty much fully fit for a while due to having a decent pre-season, so much so he managed 120 minutes against Forest. And Marveaux also is not a first teamer (as yet anyway) meaning in League matches he has been restricted to 8-9 minutes. Due to a combination of these things, Marveaux can play in the reserves to sharpen up.

As for Ben Arfa though, he is a first teamer and Pardew clearly wants to use him in games. And despite what you believe, simply playing in as many reserve games as you possibly can does not mean you will get fitter any quicker, you have to space it out otherwise you'll be fucked come match day (which you don't want, as match fit or not Pardew clearly wants him involved).

Hardly a wind up as all I have done is add some comments to a Newcastle story in a Newcastle paper today!

Well done for answering although I dont particularly buy your reasoning. Both players were / are match day players.

I appreciate you might not want to burn a player out, but surely he could have gained some match fitness playing for the reserves.

You could also argue that he would benefit mentally for coming into the first team match fit rather than playing below par as he is currently doing.

I was genuinely going to go to a Halloween party dressed like this on Saturday...

http://www.fancydressoutfitters.co.uk/images/christmas-tree-costume-deluxe-adult-1-large.jpg

... but fuck it, I think I'll go as Inspector Gadget instead.

I've missed what looks to be an utter snoozefest on the last couples of pages, but just for clarity, the crux of CT's argument is that Marveaux has played a couple of warm-up games, yet Ben Arfa hasn't turned up to the one game he was asked to play due to personal reasons. Therefore this may be evidence the Ben Arfa has a bad attitude. Correct?

Obviously we don't know exactly what happened, but the idea that Ben Arfa is reluctant to play reserve games isn't exactly a strange one, and we've seen before with Joey Barton that Pardew tends to treat the more quirky characters in a very diplomatic way.

With coming back from a career-threatening injury, and then getting injured again on tour from a bad tackle, Ben Arfa might not want to risk playing against a bunch of over-enthusiastic youngsters who are still learning the game and who are eager to make a name for themselves.

Rooney had a few lay offs in the past how many reserve games has he played? Van Persie - how many reserve games, I guess not too many. I think many managers protect their marquee players as much as they can, so see reserve games as a risks they are not willing to take.

As some mentioned earlier Marveaux is getting 10 minutes here and there during a game where as Ben Arfa is getting more playing time. But yes lets call possibly/probably our most talented player a bad egg and ignore that players of his ilk rarely play for the reserves.

Guest tunisia

Ben Arfa is a player involved but not difficult.

Cabaye Ben Arfa said that trains more than others to play.

We must know the past of Ben Arfa to understand why he does not want to play with the reserve.

with Marseille, his coach told him to put the replacement for Ben Arfa not training seriously. But when results of the trainings has been shown that this player was the one who had the best results. Yet it was the excuse to put Ben Arfa in reserve or replacement.

Ben Arfa lost time against players as good as him, he lost time with his injury, he knows that it's now or never will be recognized as a great player or not and the team France awaits.

He missed a World Cup because at the end of the championship was replaced when he was a key player to win the championship. He knows that the team of France this summer will be the team of France for 6 years to come, or it happens to the Euro player, or he loses his place for very long.

he counted on to hold Newcastle when he was the big clubs who wanted to, so now it's to play with the reserve and waste time, he will take this as a failure and many will make fun of him in France, journalists already make fun of him because he is replacing.

I do not defend your team is in place, but it could be better, he must listen to his coach, but it relies heavily on players this year. it's now or never.

However, the team comes before the player, and he knows he is too fond of your club to be selfish.

he wants to succeed, and this means the success of your team.

there you have a good ranking, but the real games come in, and recognized that your games so far have not always been very good, your strength is your defense, Krull, Tiote Cabaye.

With Santon, Marveaux and Ben Arfa, it will be better, but hey, for now must never change a winning team. and will. Your coach knows what he does, he knows that at some point he will need a Ben Arfa in shape. for now it does come gradually, without changing his team and giving confidence to Ben Arfa.

Ben Arfa should understand this and the coach must compendre that Ben Arfa can not accept to play in reserve. it will be for him a very bad sign for the France team of journalists and critics on his level of play

We must know the past of Ben Arfa to understand why he does not want to play with the reserve.

with Marseille, his coach told him to put the replacement for Ben Arfa not training seriously. But when results of the trainings has been shown that this player was the one who had the best results. Yet it was the excuse to put Ben Arfa in reserve or replacement.

Ben Arfa lost time against players as good as him, he lost time with his injury, he knows that it's now or never will be recognized as a great player or not and the team France awaits.

He missed a World Cup because at the end of the championship was replaced when he was a key player to win the championship. He knows that the team of France this summer will be the team of France for 6 years to come, or it happens to the Euro player, or he loses his place for very long.

he counted on to hold Newcastle when he was the big clubs who wanted to, so now it's to play with the reserve and waste time, he will take this as a failure and many will make fun of him in France, journalists already make fun of him because he is replacing.

I do not defend your team is in place, but it could be better, he must listen to his coach, but it relies heavily on players this year. it's now or never.

However, the team comes before the player, and he knows he is too fond of your club to be selfish.

there you have a good ranking, but the real games come in, and recognized that your games so far have not always been very good, your strength is your defense, Krull, Tiote Cabaye.

With Santon, Marveaux and Ben Arfa, it will be better, but hey, for now must never change a winning team. and will. Your coach knows what he does, he knows that at some point he will need a Ben Arfa in shape. for now it does come gradually, without changing his team and giving confidence to Ben Arfa.

Ben Arfa should understand this and the coach must compendre that Ben Arfa can not accept to play in reserve. it will be for him a very bad sign for the France team of journalists and critics on his level of play

That's an interesting point. But in this case, playing for the reserves isn't a punishment. It's a step on the road to fitness and playing in the first team.

It sounds like he needs to trust people a bit more.

That's an interesting point. But in this case, playing for the reserves isn't a punishment. It's a step on the road to fitness and playing in the first team.

It sounds like he needs to trust people a bit more.

No, it sounds like the French press would make a story (farce) of it whatever the real reason for playing in the reserves. Much like our own press then.