Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

The signals were thought to green for a start in Germany, Werder did not confirm. "I do not comment on rumors", says sporting director Klaus Allofs. "It is the philosophy of our club's transfers". Before continuing, with a smile: "But Ben Arfa, we'll talk if it is done."

As close to confirmation they want him as you'll get.

Game over.

The signals were thought to green for a start in Germany, Werder did not confirm. "I do not comment on rumors", says sporting director Klaus Allofs. "It is the philosophy of our club's transfers". Before continuing, with a smile: "But Ben Arfa, we'll talk if it is done."

Game over.

So the president denies but the sporting director confirms? Another title change in order perhaps?

Whatever...I've gone pass the point of caring

Game over.

So the president denies but the sporting director confirms? Another title change in order perhaps?

Whatever...I've gone pass the point of caring

That's only a translation issue. Both yesterday's and today's quotes come from the same person, the Sporting Director.

So one day the bloke dismisses a transfer rumour, and the next day he says it's their policy not to comment on transfer rumours.

French newspapers. Don't you love 'em.

Guest firetotheworks

some people still clutching at straws  :-[

You thought people were clutching at straws when he arrived in Newcastle, and it looked odds on that we'd sign him.

I reckon we're aware that Werder are in for him and we've pulled out completely.

I doubt that, our bid is probably still on the table - woefully inadequate as it is.

Well probably, but I reckon we've all but given up.

Pathetic, tbh.

Then again, here's another article posted today with different quotes from the Werder Bremen guy again denying it, saying when asked about Ben Arfa "We do not seek this position. In other positions we are in greater need."

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/werder-bremen-wohin-mit-den-oezil-millionen-/news/anzeigen_44535.html

Those are clearly the same as before the match last night.

Guest firetotheworks

You're the only thing making this thread worthwhile at the moment like Hindu Times.

Godspeed. Because I sure as fuck don't have the heart for it any more.

I think HBA's silence speaks volumes here.

Last week, when we were his preferred destination, he couldn't keep his mouth shut and even flew here to try and speed things up. But since the news of Werder Bremens interest he's said nowt.

Imo we're now his second choice and because he acted like a petulant kid he's keeping his mouth shut now Germany is more appealing. If he starts going on about Bremen he'll look like a bigger prick than he already does and also burns his bridges with us in the process if the WB move goes tits up.

Last week, when we were his preferred destination, he couldn't keep his mouth shut and even flew here to try and speed things up. But since the news of Werder Bremens interest he's said nowt.

Imo we're now his second choice and because he acted like a petulant kid he's keeping his mouth shut now Germany is more appealing. If he starts going on about Bremen he'll look like a bigger prick than he already does and also burns his bridges with us in the process if the WB move goes tits up.

Apparently, the condition of Marseille letting him leave (to us or elsewhere) is that he keeps his mouth shut for the time being.

It's to quiet though. It wasn't just him making a noise last week, it was his entourage too.

we knew when he'd missed training, then we knew he'd missed training again. Then we knew he'd only lasted a matter of seconds in a meeting. Then he was here, then he'd flown back.

Now the silence is deafening!!!

I understand it's in his best interests to keep his mouth shut but it's still quite a turn around how quiet things have gone.

Apparently, the condition of Marseille letting him leave (to us or elsewhere) is that he keeps his mouth shut for the time being.

It's to quiet though. It wasn't just him making a noise last week, it was his entourage too.

we knew when he'd missed training, then we knew he'd missed training again. Then we knew he'd only lasted a matter of seconds in a meeting. Then he was here, then he'd flown back.

Now the silence is deafening!!!

I understand it's in his best interests to keep his mouth shut but it's still quite a turn around how quiet things have gone.

All of that was said by the OM president not Arfa