Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

all these injuries could be a blessing in disquise. might highlight the lack of depth we have and spur us to go after another player or two

I share this hope as well.

Last time in a transfer window in that we were desperate for more players (Jan 2009) we've lost Given and N'Zogbia and got Nolan and R. Taylor.

I don't share the hopes.

We're "desperate" for new players every single transfer window. Don't be silly.

January 2009 was even worse, though. In a time where Barton and Beye just got injured to only add to our huge injury list that time.

I can't even remember when the last time we didn't "absolutely have to sign four~five quality players this window." When the team is in less dire straits the expectations just go up to match that.

Difference between that and saying it wasn't serious, and going into details of when he should be back.

They didn't say whether it was serious or not, that's my point.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110721/ben-arfa-injury-update_2281670_2397940

Hatem Ben Arfa sustained an injury to his left ankle in a tackle during the club's friendly against Sporting Kansas on Wednesday evening and went to a local hospital for a precautionary x-ray.

Consequently he will be leaving the club's US tour tomorrow and the injury will be reassessed over the next 48 hours.

all these injuries could be a blessing in disquise. might highlight the lack of depth we have and spur us to go after another player or two

I share this hope as well.

Last time in a transfer window in that we were desperate for more players (Jan 2009) we've lost Given and N'Zogbia and got Nolan and R. Taylor.

I don't share the hopes.

We're "desperate" for new players every single transfer window. Don't be silly.

January 2009 was even worse, though. In a time where Barton and Beye just got injured to only add to our huge injury list that time.

I can't even remember when the last time we didn't "absolutely have to sign four~five quality players this window." When the team is in less dire straits the expectations just go up to match that.

I think a lot has to do with people's expectations. Yes, we do need to sign four or five quality players if we want to push on to Europe, that's the main aim for most fans to be honest. If we want to stand still and maybe become a top 10 side consistently, we don't "absolutely" need the four or five quality players. Anyway, gutted about Ben Arfa but if he misses say the first two or three games but plays for the rest of the season, we've had a touch.

Difference between that and saying it wasn't serious, and going into details of when he should be back.

They didn't say whether it was serious or not, that's my point.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110721/ben-arfa-injury-update_2281670_2397940

Hatem Ben Arfa sustained an injury to his left ankle in a tackle during the club's friendly against Sporting Kansas on Wednesday evening and went to a local hospital for a precautionary x-ray.

Consequently he will be leaving the club's US tour tomorrow and the injury will be reassessed over the next 48 hours.

The fact they say "precautionary" hints at it though.

This is really depressing...and we all know 6 weeks is just an estimate. With the way things are on our injury front, would not be surprised if we only see him in full fitness after 10-12 weeks which is gonna be late October/early November! Sometimes our bad luck with injuries is just too much to take

Ben Arfa out for a month

AGONY ... Hatem Ben Arfa will miss the start of the season.

By MILES STARFORTH

Published on Tuesday 26 July 2011 12:15

HATEM Ben Arfa is out of Newcastle United’s season-opener against Arsenal – and the derby against Sunderland.

The winger suffered an ankle injury against Sporting Kansas City last week.

And after a thorough assessment, the Gazette understands that the club don’t expect Ben Arfa to return to training for another four weeks, with the 24-year-old having damaged ligaments.

And that means he will miss Arsenal’s visit to St James’s Park on August 13, and the derby at the Stadium of Light a week later.

However, manager Alan Pardew is still relieved the damage wasn’t more serious, the leg having been the same one he broke last October.

More immediately, captain Fabricio Coloccini and midfielder Cheik Tiote are doubts for tonight’s final tour game against Columbus Crew with slight problems.

And Ryan Taylor – who suffered a groin injury in Saturday’s defeat at Orlando City – definitely won’t feature.

“Coloccini’s a slight doubt, as is Cheik,” Pardew told the Gazette. “Ryan Taylor’s definitely out, but I’m going to play a strong side.”

Meanwhile, teenage left-back Paul Dummett – who had been in Holland with Peter Beardsley’s reserve team squad – is hoping to be involved against Columbus after joining up with the squad.

“It was weird – one minute I was going shopping on a team day out, then the next thing the bus was stopped and I was pulled out and told to pack,” said the 19-year-old.

“It’ll be an experience – I was buzzing when I heard.

“It’s a long way, but worth it to play for Newcastle United.

“I’m ready to play. I slept a lot on the flight, and I’m in condition as I played in Holland.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/black-white/ben_arfa_out_for_a_month_1_3616693

Can't say I'm especially disappointed that he won't feature against Sunderland. Last match I would have wanted as his comeback...

Although it would've been good to see him rip them a new one, you just know Clattermole would've crippled him. He'd make it his mission. And this way we get Shola up front with Ba!

If we kept to that way of thinking then he would never play, he will be targeted in every game he plays in, not just because he had a broken leg and will be concerned, but he is a real talent & a threat so any manager worth his salt would make sure he was constantly closed down.