Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Playing before the end of the season, even if it is just half an hour in our final game of the season will probably do him the world of good (mentally) going into the off season.

I think he is best off sitting the season out now though as bringing him back for the sake of a couple unimportant games could pose a future injury risk. Let him train, have a proper break, then give him a proper preseason ready for next year.

I just don't understand this mentality at all. If he's completely healed, surely it would just make sense to play him to bring his, the fans and the rest of the squads confidence up?

Playing before the end of the season, even if it is just half an hour in our final game of the season will probably do him the world of good (mentally) going into the off season.

Yup. Would rather get him on the pitch competitively this season, then have the question hanging over him next year - "Will he handle it?" "Will he break down?". The summer's a long time.

Fantastic news considering he thought he was going to lose his leg. Any idea when he'll return, Liverpool maybe?

Most likely some 15 minute run outs in the last few games of the season. Send us away with optimism this summer.

I'd be extremely sill to not give him a few run outs if he's fit enough, just a few cameos, that would be far too long of a span without a competitive game.

just play him when he's ready, regardless of when it is.

Guest Stephen927

If he's ready, it would be easier for him to be eased back in before the end of the season. Then there won't be all this expectation building up over the summer that he's going to come back and be great straight away.

france should work an invite to the copa america if spain don't take it, get him fit and ready for us for the start of next season :thup:

only for them to hand him back injured to us, no thanks...would rather he build his match fitness gradually with us

If he's ready, it would be easier for him to be eased back in before the end of the season. Then there won't be all this expectation building up over the summer that he's going to come back and be great straight away.

I suspect that will happen regardless.

A couple minutes here and there should be OK, but we have to remember that even though his bone would be fully healed and he has no other problems, players are statistically more likely to suffer serious muscle injuries in the first few months after a long injury. See Michael Owen 2006. It would be more advisable to just give him those couple of extra months and then build him up over preseason. I bet he trains more than any other player over the summer and comes back flying.

france should work an invite to the copa america if spain don't take it, get him fit and ready for us for the start of next season :thup:

only for them to hand him back injured to us, no thanks...would rather he build his match fitness gradually with us

Whuh? You took that in all seriousness?  :lol: Agree with the last part though