Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

That's the kind of player he'll be though. He'll lose it a lot and it will frustrate us a lot.

Opened up into some really good areas though, parts of the pitch we didn't even know were there before.

Spot on.

Guest Dontooner

Thought Pardew did the right thing bedding him in slowly, playing in the hole also means dribbling and passing at appropriate times.

He just got to figure that out we would have got ourselves a formidable playmaker

There was that lovely moment where he found space beautifully and Cabaye fed it through the midfield, turned ran at the defence and made space to Obertan in a very dangerous position.

Who then passed it right to the keeper at snails pace. But thats what he offers.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Looked decent today but I think he needs people to play with him and get used to him. We'll see a lot more from him and my Ben Arfa 37 will regather the stock it initially lost! :)

Really interesting Ben Arfa issues to come out of that game.

Still too excited to full think through them, but it seems to me that inherent to his contribution and creativity that he'll bring to the side - he'll also lose the ball a lot. I'm fully prepared and happy for that to happen. (And it was a pet peeve of mine when people previously criticised Gutierrez for losing possession - something which has thankfully abated).

This does mean that I've really gone off him playing anywhere other than up front, or off the front man. Has to be a far advanced position in the field for me - not midfield or the wing.

Guest fumiste

I think he should start this kind of game.

he was like a ghost in the pitch...trying to find his place and the ball...

He needs a lot a games before to reach his level...

Just me that thought he brought a positive attacking intent to the side when he came on then?  :whatdidido:

I thought so too got into great positions but tried a bit too hard to do everything himself when there were men available for the pass

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Just me that thought he brought a positive attacking intent to the side when he came on then?  :whatdidido:

He did. Moves into really good areas, opens up space around him. Our team really is going to be good when we've got everyone together and fit.