Manchester Utd 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 16/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Due to his limited ability Nolan isnt going to be able to bring himself into play, he will need some help, last night he had no help. Jonas was just totally rediculous last night. Ample opportunities to pass but he decided to keep on running and get swamped out and lose the ball, every single time.

People need to learn to stop trying to justify the performances of Alan Smith based upon the fact that you noticed he was on the pitch. That is a total cows opinion tbh.

It's because of such lack of midfield quality that Nolan et al. go unnoticed.

Not that I actually think Fatty Nolan is good like.

Carroll was running onto his own f***ing flick ons because Nolan is so bloody immobile. f***ing waste of time.

That was infuriating. After just 10minutes i was frustarted with the amount of space we gacve them around the box and in midfield. Yes sit deep, if its the game plan, but don't invite the pressure on every time we lose the ball.

Due to his limited ability Nolan isnt going to be able to bring himself into play, he will need some help, last night he had no help. Jonas was just totally rediculous last night. Ample opportunities to pass but he decided to keep on running and get swamped out and lose the ball, every single time.

So you're judging his performance on his ability, rather than his actual performance?

So if I'd have played, I wouldn't have been the worst player because it was expected that the other players would help me out?

Actually, if I'd have played in the same team as Nolan, I wouldn't have been the worst player.

This is the crux. He's not good enough. At all Turning up for two minutes of a game with a decent strike got us far last season. Time to get move on. quickly. Keegan knew the importance of knowing the difference but thats a different kettle o' fish entirely. Blaming it on other players such as Jonas who have to make up for his inability to do seemingly anything going on last night is ridiculous.

Jonas tried to get going but he looked a bit rusty to me, give him a couple of games and he will be back. Also Enrique didn't help out as much as usual but you can't blame him when he has to stay deeper to stop the possible counter from the red barstewards!!!

Certainly not the worst player on the pitch though, which is what people are making him out to be here.

He might not have been the worst but he allowed Scholes to be the best. No doubt Nolan tries but he's so slow he can't hope to compete with a mobile midfield like Man U's, especially if he's got equally slow partners in Barton and Smith. You can get away with it in the Championship, in the premier you will get run down like an old dog.

How the hell could it have been his fault Scholes had a good game? Nolan was just behind Carroll, keeping Scholes and Fletcher quiet was Barton and Smiths job and they failed, badly.

Perch had nothing to do in the second half, the only thing Smith was involved in was giving away stupid fouls.

Nolan was playing behind Carroll it's true....unfortunately it was 40 yards behind him. Effectively he was just another slow moving midfielder who was run ragged by Man U's far superior mobility.

Just had a deeks on RTG and Redcafe, funny the difference of opinions. Mackems calling Carroll worse than shite and that he's a 'Championship plodder', yet the Manure fans all seemed to rate him and we're pretty impressed.

Red and white tinted specs or what.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Just had a deeks on RTG and Redcafe, funny the difference of opinions. Mackems calling Carroll worse than s**** and that he's a 'Championship plodder', yet the Manure fans all seemed to rate him and we're pretty impressed.

Red and white tinted specs or what.

Aye, couldn't resist checking out RTG. Some of the think he's alright, some think he's gash. Yesterday they were saying how they hope he's not in the team when we play them, because they don't think they can cope with him from set pieces.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The mackems can't be objective about anything.

They reckon Jonas is the worst player in the league and we look like their 15 point team.

The difference in the North East is Darren Bent, simple as that.

They struggled to beat Birmingham at home and only scored because of an own goal and a mistakenly given penalty. I think we did ok last night given the circumstances. Every single member of Man United's bench would comfortably break our first team and If we play the way we did last night against 6-7 teams in the league it will be enough.

Nolan is a massive liability. What a fucking useless cunt. I couldn't have been more angry at that fat fuck ambling about the pitch like he's Zinedine fucking Zidane. He's a shitty midfielder with a shitty touch who can't run for fuck and offers absolutely nothing to the team when our play is not in and around the opposition box, which means he's going to be useless for half of our games this season.

Jose was all right. He looked nervous and it showed in some of his wayward passes, but I thought he defender Valencia very well, which was why they barely attacked down our right. Williamson and Colo in the middle were decent as well and I thought that they both marked Berbatov and Rooney well enough, considering how Man Utd basically parked their team in our half, which was the fault of our midfielders.

Our midfielders... fucking hell. Pathetic. Smith, Barton and Nolan in the middle. No touch, no composure, no movement, no urgency. Barton's set pieces were decent. I thought Carroll and Shola should have scored from his corners, so the fact that we created decent chances is a credit to him, but his hurried passes in the first half contributed to our inability to keep possession and just allowed them to up the pressure, which of course resulted in the goals.

Our general play was decent. Routledge was all right. He seems to be our only outlet and against slower defenders he's going to be much more useful for us. Jonas was lazy as shit in the first half but I thought he improved in the second and again, against a weaker team he'll help us keep possession and relieve pressure.

I would have taken the 3-0 before the match but I honestly thought that we could have done better considering Harper only had to make one real save (Berbatov's left-footed shot in the second half).

Next Sunday can't come soon enough.

6-0 was an awful day, missed the first half because I was spewing up my guts and got to my seat for the second half only to see us concede 6.

Ah aye and I got twatted in the back of the head by some mid-fourties Manc outside the ground. That was pleasant.

This is the crux. He's not good enough. At all Turning up for two minutes of a game with a decent strike got us far last season. Time to get move on. quickly. Keegan knew the importance of knowing the difference but thats a different kettle o' fish entirely. Blaming it on other players such as Jonas who have to make up for his inability to do seemingly anything going on last night is ridiculous.

Exactly, don't know where you are going cheshire because you have just admitted he ain't good enough. The only solution is to bring someone else in, if it is one of the youngsters so be it. Jonas didn't look to sharp but I thought he was OK.

6-0 was an awful day, missed the first half because I was spewing up my guts and got to my seat for the second half only to see us concede 6.

Ah aye and I got twatted in the back of the head by some mid-fourties Manc outside the ground. That was pleasant.

I was sat in amongst the Man United fans, and was introduced as a Newcastle fan by my "mate". Had a great day. :(

Certainly not the worst player on the pitch though, which is what people are making him out to be here.

He might not have been the worst but he allowed Scholes to be the best. No doubt Nolan tries but he's so slow he can't hope to compete with a mobile midfield like Man U's, especially if he's got equally slow partners in Barton and Smith. You can get away with it in the Championship, in the premier you will get run down like an old dog.

Scholes didn't need any help from Nolan - he looked 10 years younger than Nolan in the way he controlled

the midfield and kept running until the end...no comparison between the two.

Man Utd are class, we did well to hold out for 30mins and nearly go in front. We learned nothing about where the two clubs are at.

We are in for a tough season but we showed signs of organisation and team spirit which should help us in our quest for safety.

I think Barton will get better and better.

I've reflected and have to say I'm happy as it could have been a lot worse and the score line didn't really reflect the dominance Man U had throughout the game.

I really worry about our midfield and forward line - just can't see where the goals/creativity is going to come from to keep us up.

(PS. thought Carroll worked really hard, was excellent in the air and with a decent partner may be alright, but without that partner and/or help from midfield, will struggle)

Nothing has changed since before the match.  We know we are going to struggle. we know where we need improvement  It is all about the games against the lower half teams and doing well at home.  The next few games will tell us more than last night.

what a dynamic and athletic display, especially in the middle of the park! 

:kinnear:

Everytime they ran with or without the ball it looked like we would give them a freekick or receive a yellow card.

Not that we were even close to them that often either.

Looked soooo slow, but nothing we didn't know already though.

Hopefully we'll get a few good signings before the window closes, let's move on!

Right, reflecting on last night, our players really need to pass the ball better and stop simply hoofing it and one more thing, CLOSE THEM DOWN IF THEY ARE IN THE BOX INSTEAD OF ANTICIPATING THE CROSS. Because their passes within our box killed us yesterday.