Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Of course, but how often would Tiote actually lose the ball in that situation? The examples of that across the season have been so isolated that you could probably name each one off the top of your head... Thus to Coloccini it probably seemed a safe pass.

When we play it out from the back and it works its fine, when it doesn't work we should have hoofed it.  I'd love to know how any of our players are supposed to knew if it's going to work or not.  We have to either accept that at times it will go wrong or we tell them to hoof it every time and give away possession more often than we currently do.

Personally, Im willing to accept that every so often well make a mistake but more often than not it will work to our advantage.

Agreed. But when we play it out of defense, and it works 90% of the time, it's in the full-back position. That was bang centre, thirty yards from goal, with four Bolton players in and around the area. Common sense should have come into play and Colo should have just booted it.

It's easy saying that with the benefit of hindsight though, but again, that same ball is played from Coloccini to Tiote time and time again, and to good effect since it allows us to build more patiently.

You've got to criticise all the players involved in the Bolton goal equally imo. Colo shouldn't have passed it to Tiote, Tiote should have hoofed it, Enrique (I think) should have been on his toes and Harper should dive instead of doing a good impression of a tree being felled.

You've got to criticise all the players involved in the Bolton goal equally imo. Colo shouldn't have passed it to Tiote, Tiote should have hoofed it, Enrique (I think) should have been on his toes and Harper should dive instead of doing a good impression of a tree being felled.

and Pardew should have tried to sign Sturridge in January.

and Pardew should have tried to sign Sturridge in January.

The more I think about it the more I realise Sturridge was there for the taking. We just had to tell Liverpool that we would only sell them Carroll if we got Sturridge permanently. Liverpool could have then pressured Chelsea and we'd have got our man or at very least scuppered all the other moves.

Whether you point the finger though at Pardew or someone else is another debate.

Of course, but how often would Tiote actually lose the ball in that situation? The examples of that across the season have been so isolated that you could probably name each one off the top of your head... Thus to Coloccini it probably seemed a safe pass.

When we play it out from the back and it works its fine, when it doesn't work we should have hoofed it.  I'd love to know how any of our players are supposed to knew if it's going to work or not.  We have to either accept that at times it will go wrong or we tell them to hoof it every time and give away possession more often than we currently do.

Personally, Im willing to accept that every so often well make a mistake but more often than not it will work to our advantage.

Agreed. But when we play it out of defense, and it works 90% of the time, it's in the full-back position. That was bang centre, thirty yards from goal, with four Bolton players in and around the area. Common sense should have come into play and Colo should have just booted it.

It's easy saying that with the benefit of hindsight though, but again, that same ball is played from Coloccini to Tiote time and time again, and to good effect since it allows us to build more patiently.

:thup: If it came off not a single person in the match thread would've been going 'that was very risky. Should've hoofed it'. It would've just been a plethora of ':smitten: I love those 2'.

Tiote was class agains Bolton. He had a dip in the second half, but that was after the red card and Best and Loven started to feel tired. And Nolan is not particular helpful either. Iow he could not find one single passing alternative. But he was back to him old self after the substitutions..Then we had movement again

Yesterday it was him knocking back Real Madrid, today he knocked back Chelski.... just paper bollocks probably.

Could be bullocks, but  Tiote could have handed in a transfer request. That would  have dropped his price..

It's massive for the lads and for the fans to see Cheick sign his new deal - it's a good sign that the club want to keep going in the right direction.

Everyone's heard the rumours about him maybe getting picked up, but it's nice that the club want to keep their best players and make a big statement like that.

Cheick's been top class - probably one of the buys of the season - and that's not just his football, because he's a top lad off the pitch too.

Guest The_Miz

see the article in the mail today, recons he rejected a deadline day move to chelsea?

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/D2C576DC3B5C293180257844004BE3D0?OpenDocument

London is too busy! Tiote reveals why he snubbed Chelsea and stayed with 'welcoming' Newcastle - The Mail

Newcastle midfielder Cheik Tiote has revealed why he snubbed a deadline day move to Chelsea in January to stay with the Magpies, and expressed his appreciation of the atmosphere at the club that had made him feel so welcome.

The 24-year-old saw Andy Carroll leave St James’ Park for a £35 million British record transfer fee, and could have been persuaded to follow Fernando Torres in his £50m move to Chelsea.

However, the Ivory Coast international decided to stay on Tyneside in preference to London, and recently signed a new six-and-a-half year contract, keeping him at the club until 2017.

'If you come to a new club in a new country it is important there is a good atmosphere at the club.

'As soon as I arrived here the players made me welcome. They helped me settle in and meant I could do a good job on the pitch.

'Newcastle life is good for me. It is not like London - London is too busy, there are too many people.

'Newcastle is not so busy. That makes it easier to focus on your job. For me it is important. I would like to be here for a few years. I can learn here.

'I feel settled here. I enjoy it here. The fans are good and the new manager likes me. The club has looked after me and I do my best for the team and the fans.'

The Ivorian discussed his upbringing, and the difficulties he faced in his youth, as he had to sacrifice family life in order to pursue his aim of making the grade in professional football.

Tiote left school at 14, and moved to Belgium just two years later with Anderlecht. 'I made sacrifices to be a player,' he recalled. 'I had to leave my family, my six brothers and three sisters. It was so difficult.

'Now I have a better life and I am happy for that but I had to be focused. 'In Africa the young boys want to go out all the time, they want to do something different.

'But for me the being different was to make it as a professional. To do that I had to leave that life.

'Going back would have been like saying, "I lose". I don’t do losing. I want to win every challenge, every tackle, anything.

'When I was little my dad told me, "If you want to have something in your life, you have to work hard".

'My dad is dead now but I think he would be proud of me.'

The thought of losing Carroll AND Tiote on deadline day...now that would of been a growler.

Have always wanted a physical, brutish DM in our team, lets hope we can hold on to him.

It's massive for the lads and for the fans to see Cheick sign his new deal - it's a good sign that the club want to keep going in the right direction.

Everyone's heard the rumours about him maybe getting picked up, but it's nice that the club want to keep their best players and make a big statement like that.

Cheick's been top class - probably one of the buys of the season - and that's not just his football, because he's a top lad off the pitch too.

This is what I like with our current transfer policy. It's not enough that you're good on the pitch, you have to be a nice guy too. Where does that leave Owen? He was shit on both areas :lol:  We had to have Souness at the helmet to spot such incompetence.

:aww: