Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Classic Skirge. Up early and sharp as a tack.

Classic Ronaldo nothing constructive to say and as obnoxious as ever, all the charm and personality of a rapist.

Why did I bother hitting the show this post link.

:lol: Nice.

What to much?

:D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/15/newcastle-cheik-tiote-alan-pardew

Alan Pardew has warned rival clubs it will be "very, very difficult" to tempt Newcastle to sell the Ivory Coast midfielder Cheik Tioté in the January transfer window.

Newcastle secured Tioté on a new six-and-a-half-year contract early this year after his impressive start to life in England. He has since been linked with several clubs, including Manchester United and Chelsea, and Newcastle are bracing themselves for bids.

Pardew said: "He's a big target because he's a great player, and great players are going to be targets. We are always on our guard with Cheik because we realise that to us, he is very, very important and it would be very, very difficult to get him out of here."

Pardew spent much of last January insisting that Andy Carroll was not for sale, only for Liverpool to make a remarkable £35m bid which they could not refuse.

The manager knows a sizeable bid for Tioté or any other player – Fabricio Coloccini and Danny Simpson are yet to agree new deals – could leave the club with another decision to make. However, that offer would have to be significant and dwarf the £3.5m Newcastle paid FC Twente for the midfielder.

Pardew said: "You never know with the window. It's such a minefield of possibilities. We have one or two players here that top clubs, I'm sure, will be interested in, but the one thing I would say on that is that they are going to have to pay a lot of money to take anybody out of here because we are obviously in a good position, not just on the playing side, but financially as well.

"In terms of players coming in, there is certainly one player who will come in and we are hoping maybe two – if we don't lose anybody."

The Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga is expected to join the club next month.

Classic Skirge. Up early and sharp as a tack.

Classic Ronaldo nothing constructive to say and as obnoxious as ever, all the charm and personality of a rapist.

Why did I bother hitting the show this post link.

Agreed :lol:

Praying that we can keep a hold of him. If we're only bringing two in and one of them is going to be Maiga the other one has to be a centre back, surely. I wouldn't mind us bringing in a striker on loan for a month or two just to cover the ACN but can't see it.

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Pardew denied at the Press conference that Cheick Tiote had been to see a witch doctor

Just seen this on SSN. He hardly denied it and I'd argue Pardew even hinted that it was true. Said something along the lines of Tiote is from a different background to a lot of players and we'd use whatever way we could to get him back fit.

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Pardew denied at the Press conference that Cheick Tiote had been to see a witch doctor

Just seen this on SSN. He hardly denied it and I'd argue Pardew even hinted that it was true. Said something along the lines of Tiote is from a different background to a lot of players and we'd use whatever way we could to get him back fit.

yep

milesstarforth Miles Starforth

Interesting. Sunday Times claims 'representatives of (Cheik Tiote) met Chelsea officials last week' to discuss club's interest in him.

January going to kill me, no doubt  :undecided:

That's old. Just something Wraith retweeted now for some reason. Since then we've been told by Tiotés representatives that he's dedicated to the nufc cause. Not that anything is to believe in football.

milesstarforth Miles Starforth

Interesting. Sunday Times claims 'representatives of (Cheik Tiote) met Chelsea officials last week' to discuss club's interest in him.

January going to kill me, no doubt  :undecided:

I do have some sympathy but it's fair to say, players come, players go, if Tiote wants out and the team stays strong and the price aint low, it doesn't really matter.

To me.

To me.

Bohemian Rhapsody :aww:

Why did you fucking remove it you junky  :tickedoff:

:lol:

Anyone else get the feeling that should all the fucking journos keep their mouths shut we wouldn't struggle at all to keep hold of him? Same goes for Carroll last year.

its the typical attitude of the media, any side with a half decent player other than one of the "elite" teams isn't allowed to have them and therefore must sell them to these "elite" sides