Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

According to .com The Sun gave him "6 out of 10: never got going"!!!!!

Aye, my brother told me this last night, absolutely mental.

From the fanzine True Faith's match report and they're Newcastle fans.

Some of their stuff is decent but they have some piss poor writers who know very little about football or are too pissed to see what's going on.

Newcastle United: Harper 7, Simpson 7, Collocini 8, S Taylor 7, Enrique 7, Gutierrez 5, Nolan 5 (Smith 86), Tiote 6, Barton 7, Ameobi 6 (Best 78), Lovenkrands 5 (Routledge 70)

From the fanzine True Faith's match report and they're Newcastle fans.

Some of their stuff is decent but they have some piss poor writers who know very little about football or are too pissed to see what's going on.

Newcastle United: Harper 7, Simpson 7, Collocini 8, S Taylor 7, Enrique 7, Gutierrez 5, Nolan 5 (Smith 86), Tiote 6, Barton 7, Ameobi 6 (Best 78), Lovenkrands 5 (Routledge 70)

Can't believe Tiote only got a 6 and Best got a 78.

Editor Comments : As I've said before, I wouldn't want Ireland. He moaned about not being given a free role by Mancini and I hardly think he'd get that in a Stoke team! I just don't see him fitting in the cage. We need a strong, defensive midfielder that can pass and dictate the play. They're very, very hard to come by and don't come cheap but I don't want us to waste more money on a player that doesn't fit into the system. If I was Pulis, I'd make a bid for Cheik Tiote of Newcastle.

If I was Pardew I'd make a bid for Lionel Messi of FC Barcelona  :facepalm:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

According to .com The Sun gave him "6 out of 10: never got going"!!!!!

I don't think they actually give the ratings on the game, they just guess playing it safe, giving 7's an 8's for goalscorers :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6635071,00.html

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has hailed Cheick Tiote's potential - believing there is much more to come from the midfielder.

The 24-year-old has impressed at St James' Park since his £3.5million summer switch from Dutch champions FC Twente.

Pardew believes the Ivory Coast international midfielder is a similar type of player as Chelsea's Michael Essien - but there are areas of his game in which he must improve.

He said: "He reminds me of Essien, if I am honest, he is that type.

"He needs to learn that in and around our third, he needs to be a lot safer - he can be a bit loose there - and he needs to be more progressive in his play.

"There is so much more to come from him if we can get him out of just popping it off safely.

"When he attacks teams and runs at them, he could be as effective for us as Essien is for Chelsea."

Reinforced

Pardew, who took over the reins at St James' Park in December, added: "When I arrived, I could tell he was a very, very good player from what I had seen on TV, and when I reviewed the dvds of previous games, it just reinforced that.

"To watch him from the sideline, his energy and his power, he is as strong in possession as you will find.

"Sometimes, he invites trouble because he is holding two or three players off and he gets himself into physical challenges and he takes too many bookings.

"But because of the power he has, he has such confidence that he can hold people off. It frightens me to death at times, but he is such a brilliant character."

Pardew takes on former club West Ham on Wednesday after posting two wins in four games since taking over at the Magpies.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6635071,00.html

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has hailed Cheick Tiote's potential - believing there is much more to come from the midfielder.

The 24-year-old has impressed at St James' Park since his £3.5million summer switch from Dutch champions FC Twente.

Pardew believes the Ivory Coast international midfielder is a similar type of player as Chelsea's Michael Essien - but there are areas of his game in which he must improve.

He said: "He reminds me of Essien, if I am honest, he is that type.

"He needs to learn that in and around our third, he needs to be a lot safer - he can be a bit loose there - and he needs to be more progressive in his play.

"There is so much more to come from him if we can get him out of just popping it off safely.

"When he attacks teams and runs at them, he could be as effective for us as Essien is for Chelsea."

Reinforced

Pardew, who took over the reins at St James' Park in December, added: "When I arrived, I could tell he was a very, very good player from what I had seen on TV, and when I reviewed the dvds of previous games, it just reinforced that.

"To watch him from the sideline, his energy and his power, he is as strong in possession as you will find.

"Sometimes, he invites trouble because he is holding two or three players off and he gets himself into physical challenges and he takes too many bookings.

"But because of the power he has, he has such confidence that he can hold people off. It frightens me to death at times, but he is such a brilliant character."

Pardew takes on former club West Ham on Wednesday after posting two wins in four games since taking over at the Magpies.

Exactly what makes him such a good player you fucking mong.

Stick to League one.

Aye, he needs to start smashing it long more often like. Been saying it since he signed. All this safe short passing to the playmakers is w***

don't think he's saying that, as was pointed out and was evident in the first half at wigan and what cost us the first goal against blackburn he does ahve a tendency to hold on to the ball too long at times instead of playing an often simpler ball to get out of a bad position on the pitch. pretty sure it will come with more experience of this league as compared to the slower, less hectic dutch league.

however, i can understand pardew's little reposte about enrique's twitter, i can understand his going public about rangers tardiness (risky,mightened agree with it but i can understand it)....but goiung public about a what you see as a weakness in arguably your best player when you could work on it in private is stupid and crap management. Keep your gob shut alan, theres a good lad.

"but goiung public about a what you see as a weakness in arguably your best player"

What was said?

"but goiung public about a what you see as a weakness in arguably your best player"

What was said?

Too much stuff said really. Read the interview, although he bigs up Tiote there's no need for AP to tell the world about what he wants him to do to progress. He's been a beast for us this season, one of our most influential players, thats all the public needs to know. Its definitely a change from the Hughton style of interview "I am aware of the player and also the rumours that he's done well for us but I can't comment any further at this moment......"

Dont know what the fuck im doing, i thought i was in the Enrique thread and that he had mentioned one of our players weakness on twitter, dunno how i got it that mixed up, read about the Tiote article earlier and i agree with you about that he shouldn't go public with stuff like this. I think i need som sleep :)

The festive fixture list is not a drag for ace Tiote

Jan 5 2011

by Stuart Rayner, The Journal

Add a comment

Recommend

With three matches already in its first week, Cheik Tioté has probably never had a more tiring Christmas. But, as Stuart Rayner discovers, you won’t hear him complaining

TIS the season to be jolly miserable about your lot if you are a Premier League footballer.

Granted, it is pretty hard feeling sorry for the pampered millionaires most of the year, but in the season of goodwill to all men (except them of course), it is just about possible.

For most people, Christmas is now officially over and they are back behind the desk, the wheel or the production line. For footballers it has a few more days to run. It is bad news for both. While for the majority the festive period is about sitting in the warmth eating and drinking too much, for footballers it is when they are flogged into the freezing ground.

This season, Christmas has meant five matches in 14 or so days. Even the horrendous weather which handed them a few unexpected days off in the build-up has not come to their aid. In true Premier League traditions, commonsense has been thrown onto a bonfire of all-consuming greed.

If it seems mad to us, heaven knows how it looks to the foreign players unused to our crazy ways. Of all the members of Newcastle United’s multicultural squad, you would expect the combative Cheik Tioté to be hit hardest by the culture shock. Instead, the Ivorian loves it – and everything else about English football.

“I have never known a Christmas like this with so many games, but it is not a problem for me because I love playing football,” says the midfielder, who arrived from Holland’s more sedate Eredivisie in August. “I like the Premier League and, for me, it is not a problem to play every two or three days. Actually, I prefer it. It’s the games that excite me and make me realise what a good decision it was for me to come to England and Newcastle.

“I think the Premier League really suits the style of football I like to play. I prefer playing over here to Holland because it is not the same type of play, and not the same type of occasion. The football is much faster and more physical, and the crowds are always big. The intensity is higher and you have to be much more physical over here, which I like. It has suited me from the first day I trained with Newcastle. I maybe did not know what to expect, but I’ve loved it here.”

A non-stop bundle of energy on the field, Tioté seems no less relentless off it. His team have not been this season, beating no more bottom-half teams (four) than top. So the 24-year-old took huge encouragement from Sunday’s win over relegation-threatened Wigan Athletic.

“In this club, you have to take three points in every game you play,” he says. “That is what the supporters expect. That’s what we did at Wigan.

“It was a vital game for us and we knew that. There was a lot of pressure on us because of where we were in the table and where they were, just below us, but we came through it and I think it was one of our best away performances of the season.

“For some reason, we have struggled against some of the teams lower down in the table this season. We have to take this into Wednesday’s game now. Every game is important because the league table is so close.

“We are not out of any danger yet, there is too much football still to be played, but we are definitely in a far better position and that should give us confidence going into the rest of the season.” If the game was good for Tioté’s peace of mind, it did wonders for his reputation too, providing a televised showcase for his aggression, energy and touch. The midfielder still has his critics, however.

“I don’t score many goals, I know that,” he says, revealing himself as one. “It is the one thing missing for me in a Newcastle shirt. I have never scored many goals in my career, but I hope I can contribute a few.”

It is a topic he has discussed with his new manager. “I’d just like to see him a little bit more progressive,” Alan Pardew (pictured below) reveals.

“I think, actually, he could be even more dynamic. That’s something I’m trying to work with him on.”

That Tioté is not the finished product encourages Pardew to think he can keep the player in the January transfer window.

“I’d say he isn’t quite ready yet (to move to a “bigger” club), not as much as Andy (Carroll) would be anyway,” he says. “He takes risks, because he’s so strong. He can hold two or three players off, he gets himself booked.

“Everybody has seen enough of him to know when he gets it right – when to play, when to hold onto possession and when to release possession – he’s going to be a very, very good player. He does look special. I thought that from day one. On the DVDs I’ve watched and when I saw him on the telly, I thought, ‘My God’ – he was always one of the top performers.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/01/05/the-festive-fixture-list-is-not-a-drag-for-ace-tiote-61634-27933985/

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/01/05/the-festive-fixture-list-is-not-a-drag-for-ace-tiote-61634-27933985/

This has to be the standout quote from that interview:

Id say he isnt quite ready yet (to move to a bigger club), not as much as Andy (Carroll) would be anyway,

Yep - the yappy bastard is going to talk himself into some bother.

Fucking Cockney Tossrag.