Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Used to kick the s*** out of Barton in training, IIRC. :lol:

Sure Dummett said something like "you would receive the ball in training and immediately feel the wind change... you knew Tiote was coming for you" :lol:

RIP the destroyer.

What a great quote "feel the wind change  because you knew Tiote was coming for you!"

Does anyone remember when we played City maybe the season after Nigel De Jong had broken Ben Arfa's leg and he tried to lunge in on Tiote with a nasty one?

He pretty much bounced off him and ended up on the floor in a heap with Tiote standing over him giving him the "oh you thought you could do that?.. silly boy" look. :)

It's the little things like that i'll remember, probably more so than the Arsenal goal.

For me, first home game of the season should be a minute's silence before kick-off, then in 24th minute put his image on the screen for a minute's applause and chanting, 'There's only one Cheick Tiote'.

:thup: Hope we're home first match.

For me, first home game of the season should be a minute's silence before kick-off, then in 24th minute put his image on the screen for a minute's applause and chanting, 'There's only one Cheick Tiote'.

1st match only please, or else we'll have clapping on the 17th (18th?) and the 24th (25th?) minute every game.

1st match only please, or else we'll have clapping on the 17th (18th?) and the 24th (25th?) minute every game.

17th minute applause had all but stopped by the end of last season. I think that's it done now.

Just seen the clip of Tiote's red card v Sunderland. Colback literally bouncing off him and not even getting close to bringing him down with one of his trademark fouls before Tiote dived in for the tackle. Powerhouse.

Most bullshit red card ever that one. He only went in late on Fletcher because some Mackem scrote was tugging his shirt and pulling him back in the first place.

17th minute applause had all but stopped by the end of last season. I think that's it done now.

Was loud and very clear from the milburn paddock at least vs Barnsley like

Just seen the clip of Tiote's red card v Sunderland. Colback literally bouncing off him and not even getting close to bringing him down with one of his trademark fouls before Tiote dived in for the tackle. Powerhouse.

Most bullshit red card ever that one. He only went in late on Fletcher because some Mackem scrote was tugging his shirt and pulling him back in the first place.

:lol:

Was loud and very clear from the milburn paddock at least vs Barnsley like

Very few people in the Gallowgate bother now. In some games it stopped happening altogether.