Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Just when you think that you dont really care about the players of today and say you dont feel part of it like the olden days. Things like this happen to prove you wrong.

Each loss still hitting you like a stun grenade. 

So is it Cheik or Cheick? Seem to recall Cheik in the Premier League players list but basically every media has him as Cheick.

Just thought that we should correctly reflect his name in the thread header and such.

So is it Cheik or Cheick? Seem to recall Cheik in the Premier League players list but basically every media has him as Cheick.

Just thought that we should correctly reflect his name in the thread header and such.

:thup: Cheick seems to be the general consensus.

Cheick Tiote 'had most beautiful smile in football' - McClaren

"At Newcastle if [Papiss] Cisse and Cheick were smiling I knew the world was OK," McClaren told BBC 5 live.

"He was the kind of player that everyone wants in their team."

"I knew him first as a young player at Twente. He was the toughest player I've ever seen.

"On the field and in training he was such a competitor. He wanted to win every game, kick every player and win every tackle.

"He was a winner. I just can't believe it.

"Some days we would have to pull him out of training because he was such a ferocious competitor, such a winner. He was a warrior and could play too.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40167213

Cheick Tiote 'had most beautiful smile in football' - McClaren

"At Newcastle if [Papiss] Cisse and Cheick were smiling I knew the world was OK," McClaren told BBC 5 live.

"He was the kind of player that everyone wants in their team."

"I knew him first as a young player at Twente. He was the toughest player I've ever seen.

"On the field and in training he was such a competitor. He wanted to win every game, kick every player and win every tackle.

"He was a winner. I just can't believe it.

"Some days we would have to pull him out of training because he was such a ferocious competitor, such a winner. He was a warrior and could play too.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40167213

Love that last bit, couldn't imagine him taking it easy in training like, he was an absolute warrior. :lol:

Used to kick the s*** out of Barton in training, IIRC. :lol:

Sure Dummett said something like "you would receive the ball in training and immediately feel the wind change... you knew Tiote was coming for you" :lol:

RIP the destroyer.

Used to kick the s*** out of Barton in training, IIRC. :lol:

Sure Dummett said something like "you would receive the ball in training and immediately feel the wind change... you knew Tiote was coming for you" :lol:

RIP the destroyer.

:lol: Ah man.

Would be a good gesture if we could get a preseason home game against FC Twente, have a proper memorial game

:thup: I'd have to try and get a ticket and make my way up for that.

His debut at Everton was so good. Completely bossed the game that day and was the best player on the pitch after Ben Arfa. Loved his playing style. Even if towards the end injuries and what not caught up with him.

RIP Cheicky  :'(