Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

What i love about him apart from his superb footballing ability is that he's a very down to earth type of guy who doesn't take football or life for granted even when earning silly money. He just keeps being himself, simply a great lad and pro. The same cannot be said of most players. Proud to have him at our club.

:smitten:

Probably gets booked(bucked) in bed the sexy beast. :eek:

Probably the worst joke i've ever seen, genuinly awful :lol:

Yeah the fact it was so bad was far funnier than the joke itself :lol;

What i love about him apart from his superb footballing ability is that he's a very down to earth type of guy who doesn't take football or life for granted even when earning silly money. He just keeps being himself, simply a great lad and pro. The same cannot be said of most players. Proud to have him at our club.

Didn't he invite a load of lads he met out in Jesmond back to his for a few games of FIFA because he had training the next morning and couldn't stay out drinking with them?

Didn't he invite a load of lads he met out in Jesmond back to his for a few games of FIFA because he had training the next morning and couldn't stay out drinking with them?

I hope this is true :lol:

as high as 4th? :lol:

---

Newcastle United still ambitious says Cheick Tiote

CHEICK Tioté insists Newcastle United still match his soaring ambition despite a summer that has seen two more big hitters leave the black and white pack.

Jose Enríque’s departure on Friday morning was the latest dark dispatch from St James’ Park in a summer that has merely reinforced the impression that United are now among the Premier League’s second-class citizens when it comes to big name recruitment.

Newcastle have failed to land their top striker targets and are sticking to financial parameters which – though necessary to make the club self-sufficient – will leave them struggling to break into the European elite anytime soon.

Inevitably that will raise questions about blue chip performers like Tioté but the Ivorian enforcer insists he remains happy at Newcastle, despite the overtures of big spending top flight clubs like Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal.

“Yes, I am happy with the direction of the club,” he said. “For me I do not have a problem to play here. I am happy here.

“In football you don’t know, every summer some player might need to move and you don’t know when they have to move.

“But now we do need someone on the left side because Enríque has gone. We don’t have a left back now and we need to address that.”

A year ago, Tioté was an unknown defensive midfielder unable to get into the FC Twente side but his progression to key man at St James’ Park is proof that there can be merit in Newcastle’s current strategy. And while Tioté admits he would rather not have seen Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll and José Enríque depart, he believes the squad that United will tackle this season with is stronger and more “complete” than last year.

“Football is relative. There are some big players that we’ve lost – (Kevin) Nolan, (Andy) Carroll and (Jose) Enríque,” he said. “But then there are new players who can make some impact in team. For Newcastle now we have more possibilities than we did last season because the squad is more complete now.

“I am happy with the squad I think but I don’t know where we can finish. Maybe 10th – maybe even as high as fourth. But we need to work hard because a lot of teams are ready for this season.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/13/newcastle-united-still-ambitious-says-cheick-tiote-61634-29227491/