Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

In the thick of it today. Certainly didn't hide (but who expected him to?). Excellent trolling of the mackems too. :lol:

Not a complete performance of course. The first half passed our midfield by, and his second half was ragged but he was important.

His first-time crossing is so much better than Simpson (and often at far more difficult angles, too) it's hilarious. Hilarious enough to make me cry inside.

Embarassing seeing him on the floor after the incident with Sessegnon.

Well played, though.

He got a pretty sharp fist to the chest tbf. :lol: I'm not saying he didn't make a meal of it, as he clearly did, but i've seen players roll around like pussies for a lot less. There was almost justification to him doing it today. :laugh:

Well played, though.

He got a pretty sharp fist to the chest tbf. :lol: I'm not saying he didn't make a meal of it, as he clearly did, but i've seen players roll around like pussies for a lot less. There was almost justification to him doing it today. :laugh:

The mouth tbh. ESPN were at pains to claim there wasn't much in it, but his jaw bounced around on the slow motion.

He made a meal of it, but was an important player for us today. Just never shoot again, please, Cheick. Thanks.

Tbf to Tiote, everyone's shooting was shocking today. Well, bar our supersubs Ben Arfa and Ameobi. That goes right from Ba to Cabaye to Raylor. Some really abnormal and wayward shooting from everyone.

Tiote made the right decision to shoot about half the time, but yeah, the other half - rush of blood to the head :lol:

Well played, though.

The mouth tbh. ESPN were at pains to claim there wasn't much in it, but his jaw bounced around on the slow motion.

I was foaming when Chris Waddle kept going on about it. You could clearly see his mouth moving as if he had been hit.

He does better when it's on his weaker foot. Sure I can remember him getting them at least on target with his left quite a few times (plus Arsenal, obviously). He so desperately wants to knock the cover off the ball when it's on his right, he loses all quality. Should treat both his feet as if they were his left :lol:

Well played, though.

I was foaming when Chris Waddle kept going on about it. You could clearly see his mouth moving as if he had been hit.

I had to switch ESPN off after a while like. Waddle making little attempt to disguise the fact he's a mackem fan. You're from Felling ffs, daft cunt :undecided:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Just sit deep and sweep up man, he's so good at it but always ruins his play when he gets forward and shoots.

I really don't approve of play-acting in general, but don't mind nearly as much if you are actually embellishing something that has actually happened.  Sessegnon's actions were worthy of a read quite clearly, so I am not that bothered if Tiote 'makes a meal of it' to ensure that the red card is actually given.

Watch his face go all wobbly and s*** during the HD replay.

It's clear he took a blow to the mouth.

I know he got hit in the face BUT he could easily have stayed on his feet, it did not knock him down BUT I am glad he did go down because it may have slightly helped the ref make the right decision

Watch his face go all wobbly and s*** during the HD replay.

It's clear he took a blow to the mouth.

I know he got hit in the face BUT he could easily have stayed on his feet, it did not knock him down BUT I am glad he did go down because it may have slightly helped the ref make the right decision

Identical situation to the Barton-Gervinho incident earlier in the season.

Definite red. Definite exaggeration of contact.

Sad thing is, with the shitty refereeing and things Dean missed second half, if Tiote hadn't reacted Sess  might not have gone (and for the record, he should have gone for raising his arm). Not especially nice, I know, but not the same as Suarez-esque "no contact/intent but fifteen roly-polies".