Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Andy Carroll is a superstar.

So, if relegation meant Andy Carroll getting his opportunity and going on to become this player was it worth it?

Interesting looking back isn't it. Carroll probably doesn't emerge without the disaster of relegation.

There's always one who takes it too far. Don't be f***ing ridiculous man.

:fishing:

Oh shut up man, you meant it.

:razz:

Aah stop being such a spoilsport.

It's been a crazy day. I was delirious. Still looking for a silver lining from relegation  :smug:

my mam and dad are worried cos i just won't stop smiling. this is just perfect. absolutely perfect and i hope this never ends. i'm just so full of pride right now.....i really really love this club. and i know i'll never forget this day. WE'RE BAAAACK!

sicksnill  :nope:

my mam and dad are worried cos i just won't stop smiling. this is just perfect. absolutely perfect and i hope this never ends. i'm just so full of pride right now.....i really really love this club. and i know i'll never forget this day. WE'RE BAAAACK!

:lol:

;D

Amazing to think that people on here wanted a Carroll - Beckford swap deal in January.

Who the f*** wanted that?

Ronaldo, man. We've been through this.

Eh? Half the forum would have taken that in January.

Amazing to think that people on here wanted a Carroll - Beckford swap deal in January.

seem to remember people suggesting giving Leeds Ranger on loan, dont believe anyone wanted to let Carroll go.

Guest firetotheworks

99% of the forum don't give a shit. You included.

I know we were playing a Villa side that were poor on the day, but they still fielded a top 7 side imo; and we completely outclassed them. If today's performance wasn't a one-off and we can replicate it on a regular basis, then I really feel that we'd be looking at a midtable finish come the end of the season.

99% of the forum don't give a shit. You included.

I definitely, definitely don't give a shit.  Can't believe the amount of "oh well he said this and I'll remember that and I'll prove that he was WRONG, even if we've just won 6-0" bullshit that goes on on here man.

Although I did do that with Messi earlier on. :lol: But he might end up having to drink some piss so it's canny high stakes.

For those watching on the TV, should we have had a penalty when Smith was braking through the middle?

Thought the ref wasnt very good today. Their young defender should have been booked in the second half

Thanks for that lads. Now we get to play a wounded animal of a Villa side, desperate to prove a point next week.

Just what we need after a bad start :thup:

Well done though. Great performance.

Guest geordiemuff

I love this forum , I love the toon

Im still in dream land , Joey barton is right every one is against us , andy gray writes us off etc .....fook it , we are back with a bang its our day , last week they gave Blackpool wanks left right and center soooo fook it we hammered a team that has been consistent week in season out and We fookin love been back where we belong ....................Enjoy it lads its guna be a roller-coaster but Loyalty does get u sum where !!!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Pretty honest opinion of the game. Talking about the penalty not meaning a win to them if it had gone in: Kevin Macdonald

Too many making out we would have been beaten if that pen was scored (Villa fans, press, etc). Well their manager doesn't think that way :razz:

We were going to win today no matter what IMHO.

If I'm honest, I thought the Ref was going to send Harper walking and was surprised when nothing happened. I'll have to watch that one back over on the telly later. Might be why the Ref then went on to systematically book the rest of our team.

For those watching on the TV, should we have had a penalty when Smith was braking through the middle?

Thought the ref wasnt very good today. Their young defender should have been booked in the second half

It was close, the defender barely got him, and it was definitely incidental. Probably could've been called either way.