Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He wont ask for or get £60k anywhere. This looks like him wanting out without making it looking like he does. The easiest way is force the clubs hand, that would tie in with the releae of the figures too as the club tries to shift blame.

But surely the club would be right to shift blame onto him, because he would be to blame, no?

Yes thats my point, no? The natural reaction of fans is to blame the fat bastard for everthing, by doing this(if its all true) any chance of blame is lifted from them back to Taylor.

Ah right, I thought you were criticising Ashley for trying to shift blame.

He sounds like a twat and a perma-crock twat wanting 60k a week? Get lost, man. He is actually quite good but would probably have lived off 'Shola potential' for a while. As long as we get ok money for him, spend it on Ben Arfa and get somebody like Mancienne or Lescott on loan, we've done very well there. Its always a shame to lose a young Geordie prospect but, again, he's a twat. Can only see West Ham being stupid enough to buy him and pay those wages.

Goodbye  :morph:

He is going to leave and become a quality center-back, we will regret this.

There is that risk BUT he has to be real the wage demands are a joke and the club released that info just to show the fans why they have transfer listed him.

Who would take him and pay him that? he has had massive injury issues for the past few seasons.

I think there could still be a deals truck with the club, they have forced his hand, today is not the end of it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

David Craig apparently backing and bigging up Paul Stretford simply because he's Wayne Rooney's agent too.  :smiley6600:

I think he'll end up at Arsenal or Chelsea as he's classed as a home grown player. No way in the world he is worth 60k a week. I think he's trying to force the club's hand given how well Mike Williamson has settled in at DC. Mean's Taylor is/was no longer an automatic choice. I think we'll pick up in the region of £4million and if we get that, it'll be interesting to see if it's reinvested in the playing side.

Guest firetotheworks

This is the first I've read of it. My initial reaction. Good decision, no fucking way is he worth 60k a week.

Wonder how much we are paying Campbell

Good question.. could be why he is asking for £60k

I fucking hope not.

I'd be furious if we had broken the wage structure to sign Campbell. If we did we should have just given the money to Taylor and preserved his sell-on value.

If the press is to be believed every footballer is on 100k a week with a steady supply of fresh virgins though.

Who can blame the madman for asking for a mere 60?

Every player at the Champions league clubs maybe. That's not us.

He is going to leave and become a quality center-back, we will regret this.

Not a chance, mate.

He can piss off as far as he can get, it wouldnt bother me because he is not any better than the players already in the team and I am sure he knows this.

I think the Colo/Williamson combo has much more going for us and with Sol and young Kadar also here, I think Taylor can see the writing on the wall.

Anyway, most on here have been insisting that Taylor could really only slot in at right back when he returns from injury so maybe it is best he moves on and we can expend any funds received on other more urgent areas of the team.