Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That's Williamson, Obertan, Marveaux, and now Taylor shifted on in the past half season. Clearing out the deadwood.

Glad it's finally happened, although those should have been removed years ago.

Glad he is gone but wish him well as he always tries his best.

Hopefully gets a nice payday somewhere sunny

He's had 10 years of nice paydays for basically being shite. Maybe the nice paydays should be shared around a bit, preferably on footballers who are actually good.

Fucking hell, didn't see that coming.

Can't remember much about his last time in the Championship as he didn't play that much but pretty sure Coloccini carried him so his performances went unnoticed..

The club are doing interviews with him about him f***ing off.

Have we ever done that with players before? Usually we have one line saying they've left and their names are stricken from the record.

In fairness he has been there 13 year or something (admittedly a few years too long), though I'm not sure if they did similar for Shola and/or Harper when they left?

Anyway no tears being shed here for his departure.

I don't hate him but he's been a bit of a useless bellend for a while now, even disregarding the endless injuries. I can't remember his last spate of form.

Should've left years ago.

Highest rated English player, four years in on in my Fifa 16 at 86.

Never lived up to potential unfortunately and turned to Glass. That combined with his inconsistent ability to properly engage his brain he was a liability at best. Best of luck in your future endeavors Saylor.

Rafa was obviously OK with keeping him or he wouldn't have been offered that 1 year contract (said to be "heavily incentivised").

That's at least one first team centre back we now need to replace. I'm guessing Rafa thought he'd do as 3rd or 4th choice in the Championship. Rafa was probably hoping we'd get promoted after one season and then we could have replaced Taylor when we were back in the Premiership. Now we'll have to try to get someone this season. A loan, someone who is a better standard than the Championship but is willing to slum it for a season or buy a Championship quality centre back as a stop gap.

It was long over due. We shouldn't be afraid of replacing players, especially ones who aren't even available for selection for half the season.

I'm not bothered he's gone, it was more the point that Rafa was happy to keep him for another season.