Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/nigeria-threaten-to-report-newcastle-if-the-block-1510311

Nigeria Football Federation ­committee member Chris Green said: “It’s a big joke. Our position has not changed.

“We have a pre-tournament camp where ­everyone also selected must turn up.

“If any clubs are bent on holding on to the players then we will have no choice but to report them to Fifa.

“Then the appropriate sanctions can be taken.”

Such a ridiculous rule, you spend massive money buying a player (okay not in Shola's case) and pay them silly wages but you have to let them go away for weeks or they force you to stop playing them.

I know clubs know this rule before buying African players I still think it's an absolute nonsense. Especially when the players have no choice either.

Such a ridiculous rule, you spend massive money buying a player (okay not in Shola's case) and pay them silly wages but you have to let them go away for weeks or they force you to stop playing them.

I know clubs know this rule before buying African players I still think it's an absolute nonsense. Especially when the players have no choice either.

:lol:

Guest expat in the pool

1 of the conditions of shola's new contract must have been that he doesn't go to acon ie doesnt make himself available. thats why he got the deal he wanted. wages and length of contract.

if they call him up he has to go unless he makes himself unavailable basically calling his international career to an end.

but if he goes he brakes his contract and will no doubt incurr penalities

1 of the conditions of shola's new contract must have been that he doesn't go to acon ie doesnt make himself available. thats why he got the deal he wanted. wages and length of contract.

if they call him up he has to go unless he makes himself unavailable basically calling his international career to an end.

would that sort of contract be legal under fifa rules ?

He was talking about going recently so there shouldn't be anything in his contract about it.

Guest expat in the pool

is it not up to the player, the club say you can have this if you don't go but this if you do.    greed is the main factor again

We don't owe Shola owt, man. He gets paid around £150,000 a month to be useful twice a year.

aye mate, i'm sure if your employer treated you like shit you'd think "oh well, i guess thats okay, seeing as they pay me" :lol: dosn't matter what agenda you've got against Shola, hes still a human being and an employee of the club, no need for a manager to do that in any organisation, which i doubt Pardew did.

Lets be serious, most people get treated worse and they only get Shola's weekly wage in a year. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20888335

Nations Cup 2013: Nigeria give up on Shola Ameobi

By Oluwashina Okeleji BBC Sport, Lagos

2 January 2013 Last updated at 13:59

Nigeria have overlooked Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi for their 2013 Africa Cup of Nations squad after he failed to answer their telephone calls.

Ameobi was named in the preliminary squad by coach Stephen Keshi.

But it was later announced by Newcastle boss Alan Pardew that the 31-year-old would not travel to South Africa.

"Shola's refusal to answer calls gave Keshi no other option than to allow him to concentrate on his club," said Nigeria's media officer Ben Alaiya.

"The coach and team secretary made several attempts to reach Shola but there was no answer. The coach waited to hear back from him but a call never came.

"A decision on the next move will be made at the appropriate time."

Ameobi made his debut for Nigeria last November in the friendly against Venezuela and Keshi was hopeful the former England under-21 international would be part of his squad for the competition, which kicks off on 19 January.

But he has now become the second England-based player after Danny Shittu to snub the Nations Cup in order to play for his club.

Millwall defender Shittu wrote to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and asked to be left out of the tournament.

The NFF rejected his letter and insisted he must make himself available but coach Keshi approved Shittu's request.

Meanwhile, a blend of locally based and European-based players will play for Nigeria against Catalonia in Espanyol on Wednesday before another warm-up game against Cape Verde.

The two-time champions have been drawn in Nations Cup Group C with Burkina Faso, Ethiopia and defending champions Zambia.