Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest firetotheworks

His surprising and seldom class along with that he seems canny don't do it for me. Even in that wacky, ironic way.

His presence insults me.

How this guy still plays football is a wonder. The few headers he won ended up in going to no one and continually gave away stupid fucking fouls for being slow and grabby. He offers nothing at all and I would actually want to see Xisco instead now.

Notice his amazing range of passing and his first touch in the first half, it was like watching a pubteam.

Genuine question. Is there anyone else in the Premier League who has remained in his team's squad/team as long despite the general scorn of his own supporters?

The best we can offer are probably Huddlestone (7 years) and Dawson (7.5 years) - yet our fans are split on their merits. Dawson has continued to do a decent job, frankly, and both may be on their way. I don't count Jenas, because we've been trying to offload him for ages, and he's been out on loan for years.

I forget how long Hibbert has been at Everton...

Genuine question. Is there anyone else in the Premier League who has remained in his team's squad/team as long despite the general scorn of his own supporters?

The best we can offer are probably Huddlestone (7 years) and Dawson (7.5 years) - yet our fans are split on their merits. Dawson has continued to do a decent job, frankly, and both may be on their way. I don't count Jenas, because we've been trying to offload him for ages, and he's been out on loan for years.

He is good at what he's good at though - Europe, slaughtering mackems and ten minute bursts when you need something different. He is a genuinely good option from the bench.

If the manager is picking him to play for 90 minutes, that's his fault, not Shola's. I thought he did everything asked of him tonight tbh and don't see the point having a go at him really.

The funny thing is that we've stumbled upon a use for him this year. I'm actually relatively pleased with the idea of him being on the bench as an option to throw on for 15 or 20 minutes at the end of games. He seems to relish playing against tired defenders and he's actually very good in the air these days.

As a starter though, fuck. Just a vacuous lump of shite that makes the whole team worse.

Says a lot about Pardew that he's thick enough to start him. Could easily have moved Cisse into a central role and started Ferguson or Sammy out left, or pushed Marveaux wide and brought Bigi in. Not only does that make the team better but it gives us a decent option off the bench late in the game.

He should never start a game for this club again, at any level.

He is good at what he's good at though - Europe, slaughtering mackems and ten minute bursts when you need something different. He is a genuinely good option from the bench.

If the manager is picking him to play for 90 minutes, that's his fault, not Shola's. I thought he did everything asked of him tonight tbh and don't see the point having a go at him really.

I've just been having an argument with one of my mates who's a massive Shola fan. His argument was that Shola played well/alright tonight.

The problem with Shola playing well is he does it to his own standards and merits. Even when he does play well - that is him holding the ball up, winning headers, being a 'muscle/nuisance' player. Even him doing this and doing it well doesn't stop him being desperately static, slow and generally not very condusive to a team that wants to play football. The obvious answer tonight with Ba gone was Cisse through the middle with Marveaux and Obertan either side, take advantage of Cisse's movement and talent with the two creative players possessing a modicum of form. Don't fucking put Shola in there FFS, the immobile lump.

Still got me fucking annoyed that has, to the point where I haven't gone to bed and it's 2:22am. I just don't get it.

I genuinely thought he was alright tonight,  he kept our defenders busy, winning plenty of headers or at least pressuring our defenders sufficiently to force a poor clearance.

Can't think why. :hmm:

I'm lying here awake at 4:25am desperately trying to fathom how there can exist such an immobile lump of useless, dense matter.

Having Shola on for 90 minutes is one of the worst crimes in football. I don't blame you Shola, I blame Fartpoo.

Shola's no innocent victim, doing his best in the face of adversity, like. The guy's worked with half a dozen great strikers in his 12 years inolved with the first team, yet he still has no clue how to effectively use his body to keep the ball without giving away fouls. He's actually been going downhill since his early 20s and that's largely because he's never learnt from the stupid mistakes he seems to find so fucking funny.

Useless cunt makes me sick. He's a symbol of where our club's gone since 2003: absolutely fucking nowhere.

I've just been having an argument with one of my mates who's a massive Shola fan. His argument was that Shola played well/alright tonight.

The problem with Shola playing well is he does it to his own standards and merits. Even when he does play well - that is him holding the ball up, winning headers, being a 'muscle/nuisance' player. Even him doing this and doing it well doesn't stop him being desperately static, slow and generally not very condusive to a team that wants to play football. The obvious answer tonight with Ba gone was Cisse through the middle with Marveaux and Obertan either side, take advantage of Cisse's movement and talent with the two creative players possessing a modicum of form. Don't fucking put Shola in there FFS, the immobile lump.

Still got me fucking annoyed that has, to the point where I haven't gone to bed and it's 2:22am. I just don't get it.

Agree with all of that, unreal that Cisse was thrown out wide yet again. Really do wonder where Pardew's head is sometimes.