Newcastle United v Blackpool - Sat 11th September (3pm)

Ishmael

Guest Roger Kint
But people who come here for one game a season and like to sit up there its not good at all or even an old gadgy who wants to sit up there is going to be put off when they mention buying a membership .

I would hope the prospect of watching us trumps sitting with the legendary LC in all fairness. As for some 'old gadgy' prefering to tackle all those steps.........

cant wait for tomorrow. ive got the old excitment back. .... for now

Me too, it feels like the start of the season.

the whole day man, beers at  12 while watching rooney get slaughtered only to pop up with the winner, few more beers, few more beers, up to the ground, new signings, hopefully a good win. arrgghhh i cant wait.

then a chinese x factor

i wouldn't change the team,  the players who have played the first 3 games have done well and the team is playing well,  put the new players on the bench.  Hughton can also use the new players as an inspiration for the current players to up their game even more as they now know if they don't perform they will be out of the team. 

Hopefully this will see us have a comfortable victory followed by another unchanged team at Everton and then unleash the new players on Chelsea along with the other squad players who will be itching to show Hughton that they also deserve to be in the first team.  The competition for places can only make the team better.

But people who come here for one game a season and like to sit up there its not good at all or even an old gadgy who wants to sit up there is going to be put off when they mention buying a membership .

I would hope the prospect of watching us trumps sitting with the legendary LC in all fairness. As for some 'old gadgy' prefering to tackle all those steps.........

It's stupid man, clubs should only have a membership policy if they actually have a high demand for tickets available and sellouts every week. We don't  

Guest Roger Kint

It's stupid man, clubs should only have a membership policy if they actually have a high demand for tickets available and sellouts every week. We don't  

Fair enough, i have already agreed but i return to my original point in that its effectively free so any complaint over it is stupid, as much as i want to burn effigies of Ashley for trying to save me £5 i just cant sadly.

The more i think about it, the more i think. If we can't attack Blackpool at home then who can we attack? They will come and have a go just as they did against Wigan. Our best tactic in my opinion is not to sit back and hope to exploit any gaps they leave. We could end up on the back foot for too much of the game and they may force a draw or the unthinkable by limiting our chances. We should just go for them too from the off in my opinion. Keep our shape when defending but get bodies forward when attacking. They are are hard working side with excellent team spirit , but so are we and we have far superior players whose quality should make the difference.

Ben Arfa to shine in a free role but to drop back into midfield to help Nolan and Barton when we haven't got posession and to look to counter when we do have the ball. When we have the ball attack attack attack Carroll, Arfa, Nolan, Routledge and Jonas etc all attacking. Barton playing defensive midfield and only coming forward occaisionally if and when they are all penned in. I'd start with this:

Harper

Perch      Collocini    Williamson   Enrique

Routledge        Nolan    Barton       Jonas

Ben Arfa         

Carroll 

Krul                     Campbell and Tiote get a run out at some point.

R Taylor

Campbell

Tiote

Smith

Lovenkrands

Ameobi

I am not spectacularly confident that we will stroll this one but, I am looking forward to it immensly!!

Bloody 5 weeks into the season and only the 2nd home game, by this time last season we had 3 or 4 at home under our belts.  One thing about the Premiership that gets on my nerves is that the games seem so far apart!

Hope for the same team that has been starting so far this season with the 2 key signings getting half an hour each at the end, obviously coming on to a tremendous reception.

Also hope that we take hold of the game early so that it is not an anxious 1 - 0 or 2 - 1 result.

First game at SJP in 5 years!! Flying over from Dublin tomorrow morning and I cannot wait!  :celb:

I've got tickets for the middle tier in the Gallowgate End. I've never sat there before...what's it like? Looks like a good view.

Think we'll win this 2-0! Howay The Lads!!!  :smitten:

Question for Cubaricho and the other couple of Orlando-based members on the forum:

Where's my best chance of seeing the game on Sat? I don't mind venturing downtown.

Cheers!

There's an Alehouse at the top of International Drive near Universal Studios that shows PL Games.

Otherwise there are couple of bars near downtown Kissimmee (Fox and Hounds and Queen Vic) that also show games.

You may be charged a cover charge to get in though.

Question for Cubaricho and the other couple of Orlando-based members on the forum:

Where's my best chance of seeing the game on Sat? I don't mind venturing downtown.

Cheers!

check your pms dude.

Cheers, lads!

Dunno if it's been posted but assuming Carroll is fine then the team is the same.

There is no real need to change the team. We are on the back of what I thought was a good result at Wolves which could have been even better. It was a good performance too. What we have is three new players who will come into the squad and of course, give me things to think about. But there are no special reasons to change the team.

:thup:

Dunno if it's been posted but assuming Carroll is fine then the team is the same.

There is no real need to change the team. We are on the back of what I thought was a good result at Wolves which could have been even better. It was a good performance too. What we have is three new players who will come into the squad and of course, give me things to think about. But there are no special reasons to change the team.

You will be glad to know that I agree with you here.

http://www.livesoccertv.com/teams/england/newcastle-united/

Ronaldo, Cubaricho - check that link.  Are we sure its even on LIVE here in the states?

From .com:

Overseas TV:

AD Sports HD8

Cable TV CH305 (Hong Kong)

Fox Soccer Plus (USA) (delay)

Fox Sports 3 (Australia)

Setanta Sports Canada (delay)

Viasat Xtra PL

Yep, like my linnk shows. Fox Plus is showing it the following morning.