Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I wonder which club has bought him? According to http://www.nufc.com/2013-14html/squad.html his contract expires in the Summer of 2015. With a year and a half left on his contract I'd expect NUFC are getting a reasonable fee for him. £1m to £3m maybe?

what next, sell shola this window for 5m?

thanks santa, if you could get us 7m for obertan that'd do us for the next 137 christmasses

xoxoxoxoxox

mike ashley

Hard one to say how I feel about this.  Appreciate the effort he put in fizzy-pop league to get us back up first time and used to love seeing him combine with Enrique bombing forward but found him disappointing for the most part.  Maybe that's because I had such high hopes/expectations from him (a bit like I do with HBA just now)  He's a player I like a lot more than I feel I should for some reason.  Nowhere near enough of an end product for a winger. 

Would like to say thanks for the memories but if I'm being honest I can count them on one hand.  Never a 'problem' player though.  Wish him all the best for the future. 

Now Mr Ashley, any chance of a buying a good old fashioned proper winger?

It's sad that he's probably off and I'll always have fond memories of him, even though I'm glad he's no longer playing for us every game.  I bet he was brilliant to have around the squad as he seemed to have a great personality and he always tried to give his best.  He can leave here with his head held high and he's the type of player who will always be welcomed back to the club in future.

This. He had some very good games for us and never gave less than 100% but the legs went a couple of seasons ago.

Had he had the end product we craved for it's more likely he'd have been at Barcelona than Newcastle.

I wonder which club has bought him? According to http://www.nufc.com/2013-14html/squad.html his contract expires in the Summer of 2015. With a year and a half left on his contract I'd expect NUFC are getting a reasonable fee for him. £1m to £3m maybe?

what next, sell shola this window for 5m?

thanks santa, if you could get us 7m for obertan that'd do us for the next 137 christmasses

xoxoxoxoxox

mike ashley

I take it you think it would be ridiculous for NUFC to expect to get £1m to £3m for Jonás Gutiérrez? Like I said, he has 1 and a half years left on his contract. £1m to £3m for a 31 year old with a few years of Premiership experience isn't a lot. Look at how much players cost. Mediocre players with no Premiership experience can cost millions.

Made Enrique look twice the player he actually is imo.

This couldn't be further from the truth :lol: Enrique carried Jonas, as soon as Jose left Jonas was exposed as the very limited player he is.

Really? I seem to remember Jonas being pretty integral to our 5th place season once Enrique had gone like. The same Enrique who has largely failed to live up to expectation at Liverpool.

This couldn't be further from the truth :lol: Enrique carried Jonas, as soon as Jose left Jonas was exposed as the very limited player he is.

Really? I seem to remember Jonas being pretty integral to our 5th place season once Enrique had gone like. The same Enrique who has largely failed to live up to expectation at Liverpool.

Think they just worked well together, wasn't really much of a case of either carrying the other. Just understood each other's game really well.

It's sad that he's probably off and I'll always have fond memories of him, even though I'm glad he's no longer playing for us every game.  I bet he was brilliant to have around the squad as he seemed to have a great personality and he always tried to give his best.  He can leave here with his head held high and he's the type of player who will always be welcomed back to the club in future.

:thup:

I take it you think it would be ridiculous for NUFC to expect to get £1m to £3m for Jonás Gutiérrez? Like I said, he has 1 and a half years left on his contract. £1m to £3m for a 31 year old with a few years of Premiership experience isn't a lot. Look at how much players cost. Mediocre players with no Premiership experience can cost millions.

i'd be surprised if we got more than a nominal fee for him, but i suppose an old acquaintance like hughton might cough up a bit, or someone daft like palace who need grafters

Still feeling disproportionately sad about this. :(

I think it's cos white I like a lot of our team on the pitch I don't think  I feel much connection with, they're mostly careerists players, Jonas is slightly eccentric presence, he's also I guess one of the last of those who stuck with us through relegation and got us back up.

Still feeling disproportionately sad about this. :(

I think it's cos white I like a lot of our team on the pitch I don't think  I feel much connection with, they're mostly careerists players, Jonas is slightly eccentric presence, he's also I guess one of the last of those who stuck with us through relegation and got us back up.

Aye, only Colo, Taylor, Krul and Raylor left. And Shola obviously.

It's hard nowadays to find fans who will look fondly towards a player's contribution to a club based on the professionalism and character rather than their ability. While in the past, we would be talking about how a player was going to leave and we will be missing his attributes, the case is different and unique for Jonas. There have been many even crappier players to have worn the Black n White shirt and we will just forget them purely because of their shitty attribute.

But for Jonas, though his ability clearly deteriorated towards the end of his stay here, but we remember him for his work ethic, professionalism, his character around the team and in the dressing room and arguably, his love and enjoyment with the club and the fans here.

Jonas was a class person to have around the club and hopefully fans will remember him and always welcome him back in the future (not as a player though, mind :))

Think they just worked well together, wasn't really much of a case of either carrying the other. Just understood each other's game really well.

Nope, Jonas was a bottler as soon as he was on the ball. More often than not he either played it back to Enrique because his passing wasn't better or he lost the ball, unless he took a dive and won a free kick.

"nope" :lol: that proper grates on me that like

Anyway I thought Jonas and Jose worked extremely well together, and they were still utterly shit in the attacking 3rd other than 2 games (Blackburn and Bolton.) They carried the ball forward well and Jonas continued to do that for a season once Jose had left. As a defensive winger Jonas is was pretty much left backs wet dream,although Jose probably didn't need as much as the likes of Ryan Taylor and Santon, he was pretty much impenetrable to any winger trying to go down the outside.

All the very best to Jonas, always a big hearted player. Frustrating at times, but ran himself into the ground time and again for the team. Has been a very positive influence at the club, so will always be remembered fondly.