Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Jonas seems like such a fabulous guy. Awful to think how the club treated him at his life's lowest point. And not to pay for his medical treatment...

It's somehow even more of a slap in the face how the club has tried to share the obvious goodwill being shown to Jonas after treating him like shit. 

We are an abhorrent club.

The love for Jonas on here is strange, people were crying out for him to be dropped when he was a guaranteed starter under Pardew. He was slated almost as bad as gouffran is now. Obviously it is still great to see he has made a full recovery  :aww:

Judging by the last couple of games he's not far off deserving a start TBH.

Well, aye, given Obertan gets games, there's no reason why Jonas shouldn't. Definitely doesn't mean I want Jonas to be playing. There's a lot of things happening that I don't want to happen.

The love for Jonas on here is strange, people were crying out for him to be dropped when he was a guaranteed starter under Pardew. He was slated almost as bad as gouffran is now. Obviously it is still great to see he has made a full recovery  :aww:

It's called compassion and human decency, look it up.

It's called compassion and human decency, look it up.

It's not only that. The guy was rotting away in a terrible team, producing nothing of note to merit his place in it. Since then he's had some time away from football, and a health scare to boot. He is clearly playing with a renewed purpose, even if it's only to try and repay the support of the fans in the form of dogged hard work. To me that is a lot more meaningful than anything Gouffran and Obertan bring to the team.

If he must play it should be in the middle though. He hasn;t been a proper winger since his first ever game for us at Old Trafford.

He did well against Arsenal in Anita's place. Always looking up and trying to thread a pass to the front. Anita only passes sideways or losses it most of the time especially against Arsenal.

I'd be more than happy to start him as a defensive minded centre mid for the rest of the season and see how he does. Seen more than enough of Colback and Anita, and for some reason Carver doesn't seem to fancy Abeid. Looking energetic for 20 minutes against a tired Arsenal team on it's last legs when you're full of adrenalin is one thing but playing 90 minutes is another so will be interesting to see how he gets on. Would I give him another year? Probably not, but if we can find some mug to give us cash for tiote or anita that can then be used to help fund this years transfer priorities (which must be a new, central defense of proven quality and a proper striker) and he's shown enough to indicate he can be a back-up midfielder for a season then I could be persuaded.

Guest YonderStar

jonas gutierrez @elgalgojonas  ·  1h 1 hour ago

A club is not about a owner, a manager or a player, is about the fans and I proud about the fans of newcastle, thanks for the support

Quite right

Guest firetotheworks

Pissed on virtually every right-back? What a load of nonsense that is. Routledge was the only winger pissing on players for us that season.

That's not true like. The only right back that got the better of him that season was Perch. :lol: He was easily one of our best players, not that I think he'd be any good in the Championship now.

He'd be fine in that league. It's all graft and industry. He's just not cut out for regular prem football these days. Just like Williamson never has been and how Ryan Taylor should be a back seater. Jonas and Raylor looked decent last Saturday but they should be nowhere near an automatic starting 11. Sad indictment.

Full backs used to shit themselves as some champ coaches inferred as well.

He did well against Arsenal in Anita's place. Always looking up and trying to thread a pass to the front. Anita only passes sideways or losses it most of the time especially against Arsenal.

i've been wary of saying this, especially as i'm a vurn fan, but when he took his place last week jonas just looked to have a lot more drive about him in that position like