Shay Given (now retired)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Needs a "where were you when we were shit?" chant, I reckon. Best of both worlds.

Did he say he left for medals? Chorus of 'What you won since you jumped ship?'

You've missed the point.

Guest Roger Kint

Needs a "where were you when we were shit?" chant, I reckon. Best of both worlds.

You've missed the point.

Unless your point was nobody else can think of a chant other than you i didnt. My post had nowt to do with your chant.

You've missed the point.

Unless your point was nobody else can think of a chant other than you i didnt. My post had nowt to do with your chant.

Well you did like, considering you quoted my fucking post and then commented. I was suggesting a self-depricating/somewhat humorous chant that might raise a wry smile or two, given that we tend to be famous for our ability to have a laugh up here (even at ourselves). You went down the embittered road and still managed to be factually wrong to boot, given the FA Cup he "won" with City last season. Now granted he probably doesn't even consider that he won it himself, but you know?

Guest Roger Kint

You've missed the point.

Well you did like, considering you quoted my fucking post and then commented. I was suggesting a self-depricating/somewhat humorous chant that might raise a wry smile or two, given that we tend to be famous for our ability to have a laugh up here (even at ourselves). You went down the embittered road and still managed to be factually wrong to boot, given the FA Cup he "won" with City last season. Now granted he probably doesn't even consider that he won it himself, but you know?

I quoted yours as a poor attempt to add songs to it. It had nothing to do with the contents of your chant. Fucking hell talk about an overreaction.....

Guest Roger Kint

:thup:

How about "there's only one tetchy bastard"?

Not sure anyone else at the ground would understand or care but aye

Guest Stephen927

I no longer hold any malice to the player as we are a far better team now. I believe if he had stayed, and we had somehow managed to stay up, we would have continued to appoint daft manager after daft manager and flirted with relegation for years to come. I've got far more important things in my life to hold grudges against than a player who jumped ship when quite frankly, this club wasn't worth a shit.

He played well for us, but he left us in the shit, but being in the shit actually helped long term, so overall I haven't got much of a problem with him. Can't help but be pleased he's knocking around mid table with Villa rather than playing for a top team. Like a lot of the players who have left us for "better things".

Spent 12 years at the club, a lot of which when we were shite

Really?

During his time at the club we played in the Champions League twice , UEFA Cup numerous times including 2 quarter finals and a Semi Final, 2 FA Cup Finals, 4 FA Cup Semi Finals and won the Inter Toto Cup.

Hardly shite were we?

I'll always love the c*** for what he did for us.

Desert us in our hour of need??

Got no time for him whatsoever.

This, sadly. Loved him while he was here, but he cunted us over good and proper leaving when he did

Same. Decent keeper but ocasionally acted the brat and in the end was just another money grabbing bastard who jumped ship.

Anyway, he plays for someone else now, good luck to him but not really bothered.

Legend? No way.

Spent 12 years at the club, a lot of which when we were s****

Really?

During his time at the club we played in the Champions League twice , UEFA Cup numerous times including 2 quarter finals and a Semi Final, 2 FA Cup Finals, 4 FA Cup Semi Finals and won the Inter Toto Cup.

Hardly s**** were we?

Shit is an exaggeration BUT he could easily have played for a side that was challenging for titles

I'll always love the c*** for what he did for us.

Desert us in our hour of need??

Got no time for him whatsoever.

This, sadly. Loved him while he was here, but he cunted us over good and proper leaving when he did

Same. Decent keeper but ocasionally acted the brat and in the end was just another money grabbing b****** who jumped ship.

Anyway, he plays for someone else now, good luck to him but not really bothered.

Legend? No way.

If we call Speed legend why not Given...

Spent 12 years at the club, a lot of which when we were s****

Really?

Hardly s**** were we?

s*** is an exaggeration BUT he could easily have played for a side that was challenging for titles

How many bids did we turn down over the years from these sides that were challenging for the title?