Premier League sack race

Dave

Surprised people think this is out of the blue. Was talking about this with friends a few weeks back. Thought they'd sack him leading up to the window to give the new guy a chance to get some players in. QPR have been plummetting for a while now.

Yep, writing has been on the wall for a while now.

Of all the promoted clubs look least convincing, surprising considering they were pretty strong in championship weren't they? Taarabt not being as good has hurt them surely. I hear Mark Hughes ready for post, not sure if that'll work.

They weren't that strong in the Championship tbh. They relied massively on Taarabt, was always going to be the case when he struggled with much less time and space in the Prem that it would show up the rest of the squad - which is Championship standard.

He didn't even give Taarabt enough of a chance to find his feet. Taarabt still looks a threat when he's out there, but stripping him of the captaincy right at the start of the season and giving it to Barton just wasn't a smart move considering Taarabt's personality. Also, wasn't Barton having a go at him shortly after joining the club or something?

No idea why they refuse to use DJ Campbell. Much more of a goal threat than the others.

This, he's actually a striker and can go on goalscoring runs. Bothroyd is just about championship standard. Their squad is the worst in the league

Bloody typical that we'll probably be playing them yet again with a spring in their step.

I dunno , I doubt the club are unified in this decision to sack him, can see someone like Barton (I know he's banned for us but his influence in the dressing room is what I'm thinking of) really not being impressed, then I can see Taarabt being quite pleased. Hopefully they won't get a manager in time to play us, probably manage from the stands as most seem to do first game.

Still, all in all, would rather be playing them with Warnock simply down to the form they are in, doubt it would suddenly pick up against us.

Of all the promoted clubs look least convincing, surprising considering they were pretty strong in championship weren't they? Taarabt not being as good has hurt them surely. I hear Mark Hughes ready for post, not sure if that'll work.

They weren't that strong in the Championship tbh. They relied massively on Taarabt, was always going to be the case when he struggled with much less time and space in the Prem that it would show up the rest of the squad - which is Championship standard.

And yet they're not in the bottom 3. In January with money to spend, which wasnt the case in the summer. Deserved a chance to improve the squad, again something which he barely had a chance to do in the summer. Cant see who is going to go there and give them a better chance than Warnock.

He didn't even give Taarabt enough of a chance to find his feet. Taarabt still looks a threat when he's out there, but stripping him of the captaincy right at the start of the season and giving it to Barton just wasn't a smart move considering Taarabt's personality. Also, wasn't Barton having a go at him shortly after joining the club or something?

They should have stuck with him more I agree.

Just saying the difference between QPR and Norwich/Swansea was the latter both came up with a strong collective - QPR relied on the talents of 1 individual. I don't agree with their transfer policy but if they hadn't got those players in towards the end they'd probably be rock bottom right now.

Can't really see Mark Hughes going there, if he couldn't even cut it at Fulham.

Mark Hughes did well with Fulham! He was the one that left for some strange reason.

Wasn't it because he might thought he could go to Chelsea?

Mark Hughes did well with Fulham! He was the one that left for some strange reason.

Thought it was Villa?

Thought it was Villa?

Probably Villa, yes. Can't really remember tbh. Thought it was Chelsea. :lol:

Would love to see the look on Barton's face if they go down........

Oop's NUFC are in europe and iam playing in the championship again  :lol:

Anyway iam not sure his sacking will be a good thing or not, players have a canny knack of producing when theres a change of manager.....

I just hope we get the 3 points next week, i dont care how scrappy it is just get the 3 points.