Newcastle United 1 - 2 Stoke City - 26/09/10 - post match reaction from page 31

Dave

Nolan has barely touched the ball. Think we'd be better off with having Shola alongside Carroll.

Get Ben Arfa in the centre. He seems desperate to be playing there anyway and get Jonas on the left. Enrique has the whole wing to himself at times.

stoke stinks of shit,. stinking the place out, but now they have to come out to play and hopefully we get to cream all over their filthy faces!  :dowie:

HBA is wasted on the left in a match like this, he needs to be running through the middle, their defence are stupid, slow and dirty, he'll have Shawcross & Huth off by the end of the game.

Routledge offering nothing again, but that's slightly more than Nolan. Defence looks solid, Tiote a rock, great at protecting us, while barton keeping us ticking over.

Need more penetration through the middle, has Hughton got it in him to sub Nolan? Probably not.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Only one team interested offensively, Stoke have come to spoil.

We should definately push for the 2nd, and close the game out asap!

Nolan has barely touched the ball. Think we'd be better off with having Shola alongside Carroll.

Get Ben Arfa in the centre. He seems desperate to be playing there anyway and get Jonas on the left. Enrique has the whole wing to himself at times.

I'd like to see this.

Given how Stoke were set out to stifle us and defend we needed more mobility up front, even Carroll is too static in such a situation. Changing Nolan for Barfa and bringing on Jonas would help but still need more movement. Crosses are always going to be difficult with the height of Stokes defence and the added presence of Diao dropping in.

Should teams like stoke be banned from football, because if I were a neutral I would of switched off that match after 15 mins.

We might not like it but there is no law against playing shite football. If the manager can get the players, board and supporters to buy what they are selling then good luck to them. If everyone played the same way football would not be as interesting.

And tbf, we've served up some awful dross in our time.

Ben Arfa's been constantly showing for the ball and creating space.  His free kicks have been poor but everything else is fantastic.  It's such a difference-maker to have him and Tiote in the side - it's no surprise that Barton's been so much better in this match and in the Everton match...he's got so much time on the ball and can pick every pass. 

We've played really well in defence and midfield, but Stoke parked the bus in front of goal and we don't have enough guile to break it down regularly.

However, we kept trying and got the deserved break. stoke are now going to have to open up as they only spent about 30 seconds with the ball in our half and that doesn't bring goals.

Guest firetotheworks

Who are the commentators?

c***'s is what they are, Gray and Tyler are their names I believe.

I don't have Tyler and Gray. Whoever they are, they're spot on. Well impressed.

Frustrating half.

We have been playing some good possession ball (and have had a lot of it) but don't really have anything to show for it.  We are just pinging it around with no cutting edge.  Would like to see us create a few opportunities in the next half. 

I would sub Jonas on for Nolan and move Ben Arfa to the center.  Maybe even throw R Taylor on for Perch (who has had a good match so far) because we've gotten a fair few free kicks right outside the box that have been wasted.