Newcastle United 1 - 2 Stoke City - 26/09/10 - post match reaction from page 31

Dave

The Tiote substitution was baffling. It just struck of Hughton thinking "I'll hoy a striker on for a midfielder" and no thought going into the change. If there was thought put into it, I don't know what he was thinking of.

"Can't sub Nolan, Can't sub Nolan."

"Nolan will beat me if I sub him. Nolan will beat me if I sub him." ;)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The Tiote substitution was baffling. It just struck of Hughton thinking "I'll hoy a striker on for a midfielder" and no thought going into the change. If there was thought put into it, I don't know what he was thinking of.

"Can't sub Nolan, Can't sub Nolan."

"Nolan will eat me if I sub him. Nolan will eat me if I sub him." ;)

Krul - Thought he had a few kicking issues but overall he wasn't bad. Came out and caught most stuff under pressure. 6

Perch - Defensively he's solid. He made a couple of decent challanges and interceptions he also gets forward. However his distribution is nothing short of woeful. Cool finish under pressure. 5

Williamson - Thought this was his worst game in a black and white shirt. Looked lost when people were running at him. Although he was alright in the air he was poor from set pieces. Let his man go a couple of times. 4

Colo - The lad is absolute class. A different player to the the one on his debut season. 7

Enrique - Again absolute class, great in defence and a threat going forward. 7

Routledge - Probably our bigges threat in the final third. Had the beating of the full back and put a couple of decent balls into the box. 6

Tiote - Very combative, we've been crying out for a player like him for years. Comfortable on the ball and spread play well. 7

Barton - Alright first half, woeful second. Was comfortably the worst player on the park towards the end of the game. 4

Ben Arfa - If we continue to play this lad it simply has to be in the middle. While he is clearly a class act he drifts inside and we become unbalanced. 6

Nolan - Didn't think he was that bad. Battled hard and provided some neat touches. Should of buried that chance late on though. 6

Carroll - Battled and held up play really well at times. Thought he was excellent first half but went missing in the second. Tended to drift around instead of staying up front where we needed him. 5

Jonas - Had the beating of the full back, a couple of wayward passes but thought he was dangerous overall. 6

Shola - Looked sharp when he came on. Put a couple of decent balls in and was a handful form set pieces. 6

Hughton - Correct starting line up, absolutely cluesless subs when we were under the cosh which contributed to a poor second half performance. 5

The Crowd - Level Seven was fantastic throughout. The rest of the ground was fairly quiet. What irked me was as soon as things weren't going our  way people started maoning and whinging over nothing even though we were still leading, fucking pathetic. Boos at full time. 4

Routledge - Probably our bigges threat in the final third. Had the beating of the full back and put a couple of decent balls into the box. 6

He was completely anonymous for large parts of the game, not a chance.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Krul - Thought he had a few kicking issues but overall he wasn't bad. Came out and caught most stuff under pressure. 6

The Crowd - Level Seven was fantastic throughout. The rest of the ground was fairly quiet. What irked me was as soon as things weren't going our  way people started maoning and whinging over nothing even though we were still leading, fucking pathetic. Boos at full time. 4

A lot of the back passes were on the Krul's right foot (his wrong foot), but that's no real excuse. Can't say I heard any boos at half time.

Even Level 7 was very quiet for some spells during the game. It was generally a shit atmosphere.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Oh aye, what happened with Fuller?

Dislocated shoulder I think.

Was odd like, looked like nothing from the Gallowgate end.

A lot of the back passes were on the Krul's right foot (his wrong foot), but that's no real excuse. Can't say I heard any boos at half time.

Given and Harper could/can both use their left foot to clear the ball adequately, it worries me that Krul won't go with his right.

Given and Harper could/can both use their left foot to clear the ball adequately, it worries me that Krul won't go with his right.

Krul did use his right foot today.

Looked like nothing on the replays too. Not much contact and didn't seem to land on it with much force at all. Must have hit exactly the wrong spot.

If we are to look for positives from today.. Barton seems to be finding form  at times his range of passing was superb.

Tiote looks made for this league he was again brilliant.

We can get the ball down and play football, we can keep the ball well.

I am not worried at all even after losing two home games to poor sides,

I will start to worry if Hughton does not start to learn from his mistakes.

krul 6, didnt have much to do, not many clean shots came through to him other than those very good set pieces from stoke.

enrique, 7 played well

colo 6 decent, one laps of concentration. kept composed.

williamson 5.5 did ok, not a bad game,

perch 5, really gay own goal, got on the wrong side of the defender and headed into own net.

ben arfa, 5.5 did ok, but held onto the ball for too long at times.

tiote 6.5 played well got the midfield ticking.

barton, 6 played ok, some gay freekicks and corners, should let someone else take them, had sum nice passes and through balls.

nolan, 6 thought he had a decent game until he ran out of steam, didnt have much space to move and looked completed gassed in the second half.

routledge 5 just couldnt deal with the stoke fullback and crossing was shocking.

carroll, 5  looked really static had a torrid time vs the stoke's two centreback. didnt get much space to be fair.

guti 6 looked lively

shola 4.5 just looked ineffective.

Looked like nothing on the replays too. Not much contact and didn't seem to land on it with much force at all. Must have hit exactly the wrong spot.

not much contact?

was right in front of us and looked like no contact at all.

Barton - Alright first half, woeful second. Was comfortably the worst player on the park towards the end of the game. 4

[

Nolan - Didn't think he was that bad. Battled hard and provided some neat touches. Should of buried that chance late on though. 6

Shola - Looked sharp when he came on. Put a couple of decent balls in and was a handful form set pieces. 6

What match were you watching today?

krul 6, didnt have much to do, not many clean shots came through to him other than those very good set pieces from stoke.

enrique, 7 played well

colo 6 decent, one laps of concentration. kept composed.

williamson 5.5 did ok, not a bad game,

perch 5, really gay own goal, got on the wrong side of the defender and headed into own net.

ben arfa, 5.5 did ok, but held onto the ball for too long at times.

tiote 6.5 played well got the midfield ticking.

barton, 6 played ok, some gay freekicks and corners, should let someone else take them, had sum nice passes and through balls.

nolan, 6 thought he had a decent game until he ran out of steam, didnt have much space to move and looked completed gassed in the second half.

routledge 5 just couldnt deal with the stoke fullback and crossing was shocking.

carroll, 5  looked really static had a torrid time vs the stoke's two centreback. didnt get much space to be fair.

guti 6 looked lively

shola 4.5 just looked ineffective.

Homophobe.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

not much contact?

They scored from that free kick as well, didn't they?

not much contact?

They scored from that free kick as well, didn't they?

Hit the angle I think.