Newcastle United v Wigan Pre-Match Thread - 16/10/10, 3.00 PM

The Prophet

@Scottwilsonecho

#NUFC boss CH has hinted Peter Lovenkrands could start tomorrow. But will that mean 4-4-2 and Nolan dropped, or might he start out wide?

He better not start out f***ing wide.

Well it'd be a new way of keeping Nolan in the team at all costs this season.

Guest schmuck

Barton will be the one most likely to be pushed wide going on past form. Wonder why his first reaction to Loven's likely start = Nolan dropped, though. Surely that's quite unlikely compared to a number of other scenarios unless he's heard something? [/straw clutching]

Guest Roger Kint

If he starts i can see Hughton shoehorning:

Tiote

Nolan    Barton

Jonas                                      Loven

Carroll

Guest Roger Kint

Which will end up looking more like:

Gutierrez  Tiote  Barton

Carroll   

;D

Out wide. :lol:

he can't do any worse than Routledge out wide and if Nolan plays in our usual 4 5 1 then Loven coming in from the right is an improvement.

He's slow and can't cross, of course he can do worse, man. :lol:

As for Lovenkrands,  he's as bad as his gets out wide. I'd rather we played Raylor, Lua Lua or Danny Guthrie out there.

Surely CH has to realise 4-4-2 is the answer for this match. 

Krul

Raylor  Sol Colo  Jose

Routledge Tiote Barton Jonas

Carroll  McLoven

Think it's time Perch was given some bench time and since Simpson isn't 100% yet.  IMO Williamson has looked decidely shakey the last few games.  McLoven has to start.  Good finisher plus his running can create space for Andy to operate plus we'll at least know when the ball's hoofed up to our No.9 they'll be a black and white shirt near him. 

Don't want to think this managing lark is simple but with 4-5-1 is it not a bit simple for the opposition? I mean... double up on Carroll, keep Nolan on the back foot and your jobs half done. 

Ps. If it's not going to plan A (whatever they choose) I'd like to at least see an indication when the subs are used that there is a plan B which is more than just replacing like for like.

Cant fucking wait for this!! (might feel a little different at 5pm like)

Why, what are you doing then?

After reading multiple times, I think I've finally worked out what the hell that meant. I'm guessing he means 5pm tomorrow.. So of course he'll feel different, he won't be waiting anymore...

Good managers make changes when things aren't working.

We've been performing well but not winning games, which means something isn't working.

If Hughton persists with the same players and the same system, based on the fact that we played well enough to win against Stoke, Blackpool and Man City, then we have big problems.

I think Hughton is a good, perceptive manager and I have faith that he will make changes.

Surely CH has to realise 4-4-2 is the answer for this match. 

Krul

Raylor  Sol Colo  Jose

Routledge Tiote Barton Jonas

Carroll   McLoven

Think it's time Perch was given some bench time and since Simpson isn't 100% yet.  IMO Williamson has looked decidely shakey the last few games.  McLoven has to start.  Good finisher plus his running can create space for Andy to operate plus we'll at least know when the ball's hoofed up to our No.9 they'll be a black and white shirt near him. 

Don't want to think this managing lark is simple but with 4-5-1 is it not a bit simple for the opposition? I mean... double up on Carroll, keep Nolan on the back foot and your jobs half done. 

Ps. If it's not going to plan A (whatever they choose) I'd like to at least see an indication when the subs are used that there is a plan B which is more than just replacing like for like.

Pretty much agree but Hughton won't. I'd prefer donkey to Carroll though.

Perch looks like a nob and needs a break from getting booked for being out of his depth.