Newcastle United v Wigan Pre-Match Thread - 16/10/10, 3.00 PM

The Prophet

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Early season 6-pointer, no lies.

Play anything like we did today, comfortable victory. No doubt we'll f*** it up however.

If we can transfer our away form to home form we'd be comfortable this year.

Can't afford any mistakes from Hughton in this one. Perfect line-up & perfect subs.

He has some time to work this out, the break couldn't have come at a better time for us.

Thanks God that Fifa 11 is available now. He has time to play this match a few times now. :lol:

3 - 0 win.

Ameobi, Barton and Routledge.

Reason being is this:

Blackpool was a blip.  We outplayed them, were maybe a little complacent, but we deserved the win. 

Stoke came to win as many throw ins as possible, and play anti-football.

We've held our own against any good football playing team so far this season.  Wigan aren't dirty, they're not overly physical, and I don't think they'll be able to cope with us at SJP where we're not as bad as anyone is making out.  They'll play some good football, but so will we.

Even without Ben Arfa, Barton and Tiote is the best midfield we've had in ages, and Gutierrez and Routledge are good enough to keep us up. 

Barring another shit referee (and we're due one that doesn't at least try to kill our team again) we should bag a win here.

Guest Heneage

Type of game Hatem would have been good for.

I think we'll win, provided everyone, players and fans are really up for it and go full pelt from minute one.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Can't afford any mistakes from Hughton in this one. Perfect line-up & perfect subs.

He has some time to work this out, the break couldn't have come at a better time for us.

Thanks God that Fifa 11 is available now. He has time to play this match a few times now. :lol:

Must admit I played Man City v NUFC with the team lineups on "legendary" before KO- We won 1-0, and HBA didn't get injured. :(

Krul

Perch Campbell Williamson Enrique

Routledge Tiote Barton Jonas

Carroll Nolan

is what we'll probably see, injuries depending.

Could be 2-0 us, could be 2-0 them. f*** knows anymore.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

i can imagine the state of this forum if we lose

Probably improve with the amount of suicides to be fair.

Guest Toon1981

3 - 0 win.

Ameobi, Barton and Routledge.

Reason being is this:

Blackpool was a blip.  We outplayed them, were maybe a little complacent, but we deserved the win. 

Stoke came to win as many throw ins as possible, and play anti-football.

We've held our own against any good football playing team so far this season.  Wigan aren't dirty, they're not overly physical, and I don't think they'll be able to cope with us at SJP where we're not as bad as anyone is making out.  They'll play some good football, but so will we.

Even without Ben Arfa, Barton and Tiote is the best midfield we've had in ages, and Gutierrez and Routledge are good enough to keep us up. 

Barring another s*** referee (and we're due one that doesn't at least try to kill our team again) we should bag a win here.

Liking this optimism.  Hope there's a decent crowd in and we rip right into them.  A lot of steam needs let off after today.  We shouldn't be short of motivation at least.