Newcastle United v Wigan Pre-Match Thread - 16/10/10, 3.00 PM

The Prophet

Krul

Perch      Coloccini    Williamson    Enrique

Barton      Nolan        Tiote            Jonas

Carroll        Ameobi

I think he will go 442 but not at the expense of Nolan, so i've took a guess at a possible line up.

2-0

We need a win to remove the home jitters.

Wigan are a good team for this imo, they will play open football but have little that will keep the back 5 awake at night over the next fortnight.

I'd bring Carroll back, assuming Nolan isn't going to be dropped then he needs to play as a genuine second striker, not somewhere inbetween attacking mid and in the hole.

4-0 anyway, Carroll, Nolan, 'One of the back 4 from a set piece', Shola off the bench.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We really shouldn't play Carroll up front on his own against these lot. Wigan are f***ing crap and they are there for the taking. Lovenkrands can be just as effective as he was last season against their defence and he should start. The obvious thing would be to put him in for Nolan, but realistically thats not gonna happen. I think he'll go 4-5-1 again but I reckon if he went 4-4-2 he'd drop Tiote for this game going with the more attacking minded Barton and Nolan. Tiote should be the first name on the teamsheet as far as I'm concerned now after Carroll, Barton and Jose. Ok the 4th  :lol:

People slate Hughton for not dropping Nolan and such, but I can see Nolan being dropped soon- and Chris isn't stupid enough to leave out Tiote, who was one of our best players against Man City.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd like to see Colo and Sol.

This.

Williamson is a good player also, but Sol edges it with the added pace/strength he's got.

Guest Ice__Mag

Krul

Simpson

Colo

Williamson

Jose

Routledge

Barton

Tiote

Jonas

Carroll

Shola

Can't see it happening, but that's what I'd pick

It seems Simpson has suddenly become a much better player whilst he's been out injured.

No, he's just better than Perch.

You would have thought so, but Perch done alright on sunday to be fair to the lad. And I remember being in despair with Simpson at times last season getting raped of Championship level wingers. Time will tell i guess.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I guess it is helpful when you have a fullback who attemps to tackle... even if it does result in a booking and a freekick.