Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That's not street gangs like Brazil or South Africa though is it? Qatar has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, 2 or 3% of that of the UK. Qatar will have a colossal budget for this, I'm sure they'll sort security out. UK's terrorist level is on 'severe' itself at the moment.

Don't know why I'm defending Qatar here as I wanted Australia to get it :lol: But some people just seem totally ill informed about the Middle East.

I thought I'd post that as the advice is just about the same for every country in the world and was admittedly trolling.

However - that's some fine use of statistics there

Nicked this from the fountain of mis-information known as the internet "The population of Qatar on December 2nd 2010 is approximately 865,415. (Extrapolated from a population of 1,409,000 on September 13th 2009 and a population of 907,229 on October 9th 2010.)" and "The population of the UK is approximately 61,113,205.".

So thats a 2% crime rate in a country with a population more than 6000% smaller.

I was going off homocide rates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate) but point taken. Meant 20% btw, typo!

That's not street gangs like Brazil or South Africa though is it? Qatar has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, 2 or 3% of that of the UK. Qatar will have a colossal budget for this, I'm sure they'll sort security out. UK's terrorist level is on 'severe' itself at the moment.

Don't know why I'm defending Qatar here as I wanted Australia to get it :lol: But some people just seem totally ill informed about the Middle East.

I thought I'd post that as the advice is just about the same for every country in the world and was admittedly trolling.

However - that's some fine use of statistics there

Nicked this from the fountain of mis-information known as the internet "The population of Qatar on December 2nd 2010 is approximately 865,415. (Extrapolated from a population of 1,409,000 on September 13th 2009 and a population of 907,229 on October 9th 2010.)"  and "The population of the UK is approximately 61,113,205.".

So thats a 2% crime rate in a country with a population more than 6000% smaller.

Surely the crime rate is done as crime per number of people. Otherwise China and India would have the highest crime rates.

To be honest I would say the big (ironic choice of words) problem with Qatar, is that about 3 people live there and you can see one end of it from the other.

think one of the host cities is currently about half the size of newbiggin by the sea. one of the host cities doesn't actually exist yet. they're literally building new cities with brash high-rises and hotel resorts for this world cup. worked out well in Dubai didnt it?  :doh: so much for being about grassroots development.  :lol:

More than double their population attended the last world cup.

The logistics are very nearly impossible. Russia however have the opposite problem, i.e. by the time you've gotten from one stadium to the other the world cup will be over.

To be honest I would say the big (ironic choice of words) problem with Qatar, is that about 3 people live there and you can see one end of it from the other.

think one of the host cities is currently about half the size of newbiggin by the sea. one of the host cities doesn't actually exist yet. they're literally building new cities with brash high-rises and hotel resorts for this world cup. worked out well in Dubai didnt it?  :doh: so much for being about grassroots development.  :lol:

Legendary place. Best Ice cream I ever had was from there.

Haven't you been to Seaton Deleva?

Looking at it from a positive light, they have twelve years and infinite money left over to build whatever the hell they want. Who cares if they don't have stuff right now, they could rebuild the entire country from the ground up if they wanted to.

Heck, they could just buy off an entire town in Brazil right now and give all of the kids Qatari passports so they could play for them in 2022.

England got 2 votes in first round.

England and Thailand then. And we gave a friendly match to Thailand.

Think the other one was Japan as their guy had said he would vote for England.  I think the Thai guy was voting for someone else but they were hoping England would be his second choice.

Guess they can cancel that friendly now - not much point really.

2 votes  :celb:

Loved the American newscaster announcing "Cutter" will host WC 2022.

That's how every newscaster says it over here. A week ago a friend and I spent an hour on the internet trying to find out how it was pronounced, we still don't really know. Have an idea, but we can't actually say it because it's pretty much untranslatable.

I loved that Putin was refusing to go until they'd been confirmed winners as well :lol:

he was there earlier, but left in the morning. Apparently he'd already been told they got it.

nope, he's still not there, apparently

he left Zürich before it was announced.

Looking at it from a positive light, they have twelve years and infinite money left over to build whatever the hell they want. Who cares if they don't have stuff right now, they could rebuild the entire country from the ground up if they wanted to.

Heck, they could just buy off an entire town in Brazil right now and give all of the kids Qatari passports so they could play for them in 2022

yeah, with the same kind of indentured servants (ie slaves) they use in Dubai. human rights disaster.

as for the 2nd point, they probably will be doing something like that - which is not a positive - in fact it's a scandalous negative. imagine they'll be looking for young kids in africa, south america right now and paying their parents to ship them over aged 10/12 which is rather unscrupulous to say the least.

2 votes  :celb:

Loved the American newscaster announcing "Cutter" will host WC 2022.

That's how every newscaster says it over here. A week ago a friend and I spent an hour on the internet trying to find out how it was pronounced, we still don't really know. Have an idea, but we can't actually say it because it's pretty much untranslatable.

Qa as in 'cap' without the p then tar as in 'target'

Hoyed a tenner on Russia just as the leaks were starting to come out. Gunna treat myself to Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Hope you lose every race.

haha cheers!

Surely the crime rate is done as crime per number of people. Otherwise China and India would have the highest crime rates.

I know how percentages work.  Having a massive population is going to lead to more crime as you have a massive discrepancy in the number of people in the underclasses who either have to - or feel the need to - break the law.  Plus you have to take into social aspects, don't forget that Qatar is low in the human rights league. Are you more likely to commit a crime where you'll get called a naughty boy and don't do it again or get a bloody good kick in the bollocks.  Apparently a major part of Qatar's population is made up of foreign workers so that has to be taken into account as well.  That's probably the crims....

Wonder what the crime rate is in Newbiggin or Seaton Deleval?

Anyway, enough social commentary, this is a football forum.