Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People pop off on their jollies to Dubai, Maldives, Mauritius etc every year where you can get imprisoned or lashed for being a homosexual - and yet Russia is apparently this terrifying no-go zone.

Well, I was just making a joke but are you suggesting that makes it ok?

Guest chopey

I was totally wrong with the time zones the actual UK kick off times are perfect for us, not to sure about the 4pm final though.

People pop off on their jollies to Dubai, Maldives, Mauritius etc every year where you can get imprisoned or lashed for being a homosexual - and yet Russia is apparently this terrifying no-go zone.

A major football tournament would be shit in those places anarl tbf. I'm sure Moscow and St Petersburg are fine like, bar all the freaks.

Well, I was just making a joke but are you suggesting that makes it ok?

Of course it's not right. Russia has a bizarre concept of masculinity and a culture that is still really struggling to find where it sits in the 21st century.

People do have an over-inflated bogieman complex regarding Russia, however. It's generally safe and certainly has lots of pleasant cities to visit in the summer months, speaking from my own experience and that of friends who live there.

A major football tournament would be shit in those places anarl tbf. I'm sure Moscow and St Petersburg are fine like, bar all the freaks.

The coastal cities like Kaliningrad and Sochi will make pretty good venues too.

Russia is decent in the summer. The weather is great, the women are ridiculous, lots of outdoor public space (three cheers to the commies) and the booze is kept artificially cheap to sedate the masses.

Not sure I'd be fancying hanging out with the England fans mind.

The coastal cities like Kaliningrad and Sochi will make pretty good venues too.

Russia is decent in the summer. The weather is great, the women are ridiculous, lots of outdoor public space (three cheers to the commies) and the booze is kept artificially cheap to sedate the masses.

Not sure I'd be fancying hanging out with the England fans mind.

Aye, the prospect of being brayed within an inch of your life by organised radgies is the biggest negative, although hopefully it's overplayed.

So the Human Rights Watch has released a statement regarding the situations for the workers in Russia, at least 17 people dead (and you can probably multiply it by 4 at least to get a realistic number) and then you have the situation in Qatar on top of this which is by far worse. I find it extremely hard to find any sort of excitement for these World Cups, and to be honest, I almost hope teams refuse to go at some point.

I dont get all the hate towards countrys like Russia for example. Its allways the same every time...Russia are bad,Russia is the biggest threat to us, Russia dont have any human rights bla bla. Either you are easily manipulated by the media or you are without any knowledge. Its so much political b.s that gets in to ppls head.  Most of the human right organisations are paid to lie and manipulate. Russia is not more corrupt or evil than Usa,Uk or France for example.

HahahaaaaAaa

I will be supporting a boycott of Qatar. I will not even watch the qualifiers and sign whatever petitions are around.

I am on the fence about Russia.

Brazil and South Africa are both poor and corrupt (more so than Russia) countries with long histories of racism and other transgressions that held fantastic World Cups. I don't understand why moral outrage has suddenly come to forefront for this tournament in particular.

I have spent time in Russia and enjoyed myself and plan to be there again in June of next year with my wife to see the preeminent sporting competition in the world. Nigeria and DRC are both top of their groups, and I am desperately hoping both qualify, so we can see our boys in action.

That's just the thing Qatar isn't a poor country. It's a very wealthy one that has no excuses in sending thousands of people into slavery and death to build their stadiums. And yeah FIFA has always been corrupt but eventually you have to call it and say "f*ckmthis I've had enough." I am there now.

• 1 month later...

Surely not exclaimed the crowd in utter disbelief.

:lol: Should just let ‘em go nuts. $500K tickets, World Cup played in personal stadiums around the world, tuxedoed attendants pouring Cristal for oil sheikhs, Russian oligarchs, and hedge fund managers. Fuck ‘em.