*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

He'd keep us up, at the very least. It's an improvement.

On Hughton? I don't think it is.

It's his incredibly expensive squad that are below us and took a right royal arse-kicking in August.

The same squad who were 6th with him in charge. Their fall says a lot about his ability.

Not saying he's god or even great, but i'd be far more confident of survival with O'Neil than Hughton or the last few turkeys we've had in charge.

Villa were going backwards before O'Neill left.

He would possibly succeed in keeping us up but signing him on a 4-5 year contract would be horrifying.

Apparently the club have said that they won't pay compensation. According to Richard Keys on Monday Night Football.

:undecided:

To be expected - pay him to the end of his contract. 2 months notice or something.

When we needed continuity we got this.

Genius.

How does a manager who isn't even average doing better than Moyes, Houllier, Hodgson, Hughes et al and we're nearly at the halfway point of the season, with less to spend than any of them, his best player seriously injured and starting off with a far inferior squad?

Some people just like to do the man down.

Calderwood giving the club a right slagging off on SSN, in case it's not been mentioned.

Said the decision lacks integrity and implied Hughton wasn't backed at all behind the scenes.

said the same in a BBC Radio interview, on BBC Football website for all the hear

Ashley is far worse that Freddy now.

Fucking oaf that he is.

Yep. Today has tipped the balance for me.

I absolutely detested fat cunt No.1 but FC No.2 has surpassed him in the hatred stakes.

Quite some achievement.

Calderwood giving the club a right slagging off on SSN, in case it's not been mentioned.

what's he saying?

Just saying the decision lacks integrity. Ashley can deal with the media however he wants to, but he has to treat the people he works with with more respect. If a lack of experience is the reason for Hughton being out, he should have made this decision before the season started, as the number of points the club have accumulated is around what we would have been aiming for.

Said the decision lacks integrity and implied Hughton wasn't backed at all behind the scenes.

Glad to fucking here it. Keep it up Colin.

interesting how Cox went a short while before Keegan and now the same thing's happened with Calderwood and Hughton.

I wouldn't be confident of O'Neill keeping us up. He only knows how to play one exact way and needs exactly the right players (English and purchased for mega wedge), which he ain't got.

Who do you suggest then?