Chris Hughton

stozo

I would have wished him a better destination.  :sadnod: Good luck to him.

He could have done worse than joining Birmingham tbh.

Btw, will Martins still be at the club or has he gone back?

Went back.

Guest palnese

Hope he takes them straight back up, best of luck to him.

[/quote

Same, but I doubt it. I just don't think he's a very good manager.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'll now be rooting for them, good luck to Hughton, he's a top bloke and decent coach/manager. I hope he does well. They have got themselves a decent appointment there.

I just have the feeling that Hughton landed in the right place with us, he had the right group of players to work with and they complemented one another. I think it'll be much more difficult at Brum, they will lose most of their best players this summer and he doesn't have the dressing room support just yet. Time will tell but if I were a betting man I wouldn't put a lot of money on Brum bouncing straight back up.

I genuinely think he's a class act and he'll be fine, if he can bring them up first time of asking then it will go some length to silencing the doubters. I think it's easy to look back at where we were and say that it was an easy task to bring us straight back up but I think that underestimates our achievements in that season and the difficulty of the task.

If he gets them up, and it's a big "if", he may only have succeeded in typecasting himself as a get-someone-out-of-the-championship manager. He'll still have it all to prove in the prem.

What a ridiculous statement.

If football club owners think the same way then it's no wonder hacks like Allardyce and co. keep getting jobs. No vision, it seems, and no trust.

If he gets them up, and it's a big "if", he may only have succeeded in typecasting himself as a get-someone-out-of-the-championship manager. He'll still have it all to prove in the prem.

What a ridiculous statement.

If football club owners think the same way then it's no wonder hacks like Allardyce and co. keep getting jobs. No vision, it seems, and no trust.

So you disagree with me, but agree with me. :lol:

With both Sam and Hughton being employed in the Championship now, plus Leeds being reportedly interested, I'd be very dissapointed if we didn't find some way to get shot of Smith.

Indeed. Interestingly enough, I was speaking to one of my mates who is a Leeds fan and he said that he wouldn't mind Smith re-signing but would be angry if Bowyer re-signed too :iamatwat: