Chris Hughton

stozo

Chris Hughton has insisted he feels no bitterness towards Newcastle and is looking forward to continuing his career in management.

Hughton's departure from St James' Park earlier this month came as a major surprise considering he had guided the club to promotion from the Championship and Newcastle were enjoying a solid return to the Premier League.

Little explanation was given for his dismissal, with Newcastle stating only that they wanted a boss with more experience to take them forward and later appointing Alan Pardew as his successor.

Speaking publicly for the first time since his sacking, Hughton delivered a dignified response but described the shock he felt at being told the news.

He also revealed that he was in the company of goalkeeping coach Paul Barron when he was informed of Newcastle's decision.

"I got a phone call in the morning from the managing director Derek Llambias for myself and Paul Barron to meet him at the stadium after training and I was told the news then," Hughton told Sky Sports News.

"It was a complete surprise and there were lots of emotions.

"It is not a nice thing to happen to anybody, but particularly at a time when it wasn't expected.

"But that is part of the game and the reasons why they terminated the contract are their reasons.

"I have been asked on numerous occasions for my own opinion why and the reality is I can't say too much.

"It was a very quick conversation that the club wanted to go in a different direction."

Looking forward

Hughton remains proud of his stint with the Magpies, which began when he was brought in as first-team coach in February 2008.

He wants to keep hold of the happy memories rather than feel resentment over the manner of his exit, and now hopes to move on and take a job elsewhere.

"I don't think you can afford to be bitter. It's a wonderful club and I had a fantastic time there over three years," he said.

"These decisions are made, whether they are right or wrong, and they are made above your head and there is nothing you can do about it.

"There is no point in dwelling on it too long. What you need to do is look forward.

"I've had a career in the game and it is a career I want to continue."

Chris Hughton has insisted he feels no bitterness towards Newcastle and is looking forward to continuing his career in management.

Hughton's departure from St James' Park earlier this month came as a major surprise considering he had guided the club to promotion from the Championship and Newcastle were enjoying a solid return to the Premier League.

Little explanation was given for his dismissal, with Newcastle stating only that they wanted a boss with more experience to take them forward and later appointing Alan Pardew as his successor.

Speaking publicly for the first time since his sacking, Hughton delivered a dignified response but described the shock he felt at being told the news.

He also revealed that he was in the company of goalkeeping coach Paul Barron when he was informed of Newcastle's decision.

"I got a phone call in the morning from the managing director Derek Llambias for myself and Paul Barron to meet him at the stadium after training and I was told the news then," Hughton told Sky Sports News.

"It was a complete surprise and there were lots of emotions.

"It is not a nice thing to happen to anybody, but particularly at a time when it wasn't expected.

"But that is part of the game and the reasons why they terminated the contract are their reasons.

"I have been asked on numerous occasions for my own opinion why and the reality is I can't say too much.

"It was a very quick conversation that the club wanted to go in a different direction."

Looking forward

Hughton remains proud of his stint with the Magpies, which began when he was brought in as first-team coach in February 2008.

He wants to keep hold of the happy memories rather than feel resentment over the manner of his exit, and now hopes to move on and take a job elsewhere.

"I don't think you can afford to be bitter. It's a wonderful club and I had a fantastic time there over three years," he said.

"These decisions are made, whether they are right or wrong, and they are made above your head and there is nothing you can do about it.

"There is no point in dwelling on it too long. What you need to do is look forward.

"I've had a career in the game and it is a career I want to continue."

The bastards couldn't even tell him on his own, that is crap.  They had no right to sack him in front of Barron as it should have been done on a 1-1 basis as everybody reacts in different ways.  I've seen people burst out crying when they've been told that they no longer have a job.

It's been done Crump, by you infact, a lot of times.

as has the adulation etc etc etc.

I have never understood the "well some people are probably giving a bit too much praise so I think I need to balance it out by being far too negative".

Can't we just say what we feel without some need to feel like we have to balance things out? Obviously a lot will be a little over the top with their feelings towards Hughton given he gave us some stability and was a very likeable character. I can't see any reason why someone would want to jump on any excuse to slag him off in an attempt to create a false parity.

It's been done Crump, by you infact, a lot of times.

as has the adulation etc etc etc.

I have never understood the "well some people are probably giving a bit too much praise so I think I need to balance it out by being far too negative".

Can't we just say what we feel without some need to feel like we have to balance things out? Obviously a lot will be a little over the top with their feelings towards Hughton given he gave us some stability and was a very likeable character. I can't see any reason why someone would want to jump on any excuse to slag him off in an attempt to create a false parity.

isn't that what crumpy was doing ?

To answer a few posts above.

1, He has done a deal that stops him from maybe saying what he - or rather YOU would want him to say about the regime. I hope he got himself a healthy payoff if so. He might though just remain on the payroll and not want to say too much in case they sack him for speaking out of turn. Who knows?

2, Has he EVER said anything remotely interesting? I wrack my brain! Fair enough he wants to thank supporters I can fully understand that but was that worthy of SKY sending a team to film it? I bet SKY were hoping for shitloads more.

The SKY interview actually told us - well, nothing we didn't really know already did it. I care not what folk think of what my thoughts are on Hughton I think I've been consistant for the duration of his tenure.