Alan Pardew

JH

Praises the owner in his radio interview, says the players have been working very hard :thup:

Praises the cunt in his Sky interview too.

Stu tonight =  :pedro:

Love that, even when we're doing well, you still find time to put down other supporters :thup: what excuse is going to be trotted out this time?

Ha ha - best line from you in ages. Put down other supporters? You're the fucking troll king - dragging up quotes from the heat of the moment match commentary etc.

Get yourself back to searching for wum material Stu. You'll be running out soon.

Take shit like this to PM man, nobody else wants to read it.

I do think he gets the best out of weaker players. That's something only good managers can do

The only ones really playing above themselves though are arguably R.Taylor & Best. The others are all very good players or playing as expected (Simpson, Obertan...)

Before the start of the season, I think most thought was Saylor was a real liability, he's improved massively in my opinion. The same goes for Raylor, there were times today that he looked really solid. I don't know if you can say he got the most out of Shola today, it was just one of Shola's typical one-in-ten performances. Best, I always rated, but he's looked more and more confident and now is a genuine striking option as a starter rather than some desperate option after several injuries. Apart from that, I agree, the first eleven is strong and people are playing at their natural level.

This little period since the middle of August has been bizarre even to me. I thought we'd prove a lot of people wrong and play some good football but I didn't expect it so soon and I really thought Enrique going would weaken us far more than it has done. On the cheap, we've managed to become a really tight team with a bit of technical nuance and creativity. November could trash us up a bit but the foundations are there for a really strong team here

Should have made the subs earlier, but overall doing a good job. Noticed more than normal today that he was in constant communication with his players.

:thup: Didn't like the fact he left Obertan on when he was constantly running into men and giving the ball away, but overall he did (and is doing) well.

Love his communication with the players. Also loved his arms celebration thing after the first equaliser :lol:

Got out of jail a bit today mind.  Wrong starting XI and again waited really long to make changes.

Convinced he'll finally change things around against Wigan though.

Not sure how he got out of jail, we were (imo) the better team against a better team and far superior squad.

Maybe it's not a case of Pardew getting out of jail but more us 'experts' getting it wrong. I mean I am fairly sure he will see the players perform in training, knows how far the new/previously injured lads are getting on with their progress more than we do :dontknow:

One thing I am impressed with is our never-say-die attitude. We just look insanely hard to beat atm.

If we're still unbeaten by the time we travel to Manchester next month, I say he's fucking knighted.

Just before the penalty, he was giving thumbs up to the players..I think he uttered 'Cheik, ur fucking superb..superb!!!'..

and to see stevie bruce going all bonkers at the Emirates today, makes me think that Pardew brings class to the team throughout..

One thing I am impressed with is our never-say-die attitude. We just look insanely hard to beat atm.

If we're still unbeaten by the time we travel to Manchester next month, I say he's f***ing knighted.

:nods: :thup:

Brilliant stuff that is, great to see that the spirit we've got is as strong as ever.

Just before the penalty, he was giving thumbs up to the players..I think he uttered 'Cheik, ur f***ing superb..superb!!!'..

and to see stevie bruce going all bonkers at the Emirates today, makes me think that Pardew brings class to the team throughout..

They can't fucking handle you - he was shouting (I think at Tiote)

Hearing him shout ":clap2: Superb" to the players throughout the game was a massive plus.

I don't think he did much wrong today. Going off past Ameobi subs I was disappointing to see him subbed on again. But it paid off and I've got no problem eating humble pie on that one.

Maybe, just maybe, he's the manager to give us all something to be prouder of. Past 'big name' managers haven't done so.

Long may it continue.

Top post. I, too, really enjoyed his encouragement from the dugout and superfluous profanity. Really tickled me for some reason. :laugh:

"Fucking superb, just fucking brilliant. Top fucking work." :lol:

They can't f***ing handle you - he was shouting (I think at Tiote)

If that was his line, that's quality. What a lad. Pardew seems to be devoid of negativity. He almost never says a bad word about anything. Rarely complains about decisions where other managers might. He's a good lad

Yep, definitely shows for me the spirit throughout the group is massive. I remember in the summer a fair few saying we wouldn't get fight backs like the Arsenal one without the likes of Barton & Nolan, of course this wasn't on that scale, but still, the battling qualities, and the ability to score goals more importantly, is still there.

Just before the penalty, he was giving thumbs up to the players..I think he uttered 'Cheik, ur f***ing superb..superb!!!'..

Hearing him shout ":clap2: Superb" to the players throughout the game was a massive plus.

I don't think he did much wrong today. Going off past Ameobi subs I was disappointing to see him subbed on again. But it paid off and I've got no problem eating humble pie on that one.

Maybe, just maybe, he's the manager to give us all something to be prouder of. Past 'big name' managers haven't done so.

Long may it continue.

Top post. I, too, really enjoyed his encouragement from the dugout and superfluous profanity. Really tickled me for some reason. :laugh:

"Fucking superb, just fucking brilliant. Top fucking work." :lol:

:lol:

If that was his line, that's quality. What a lad. Pardew seems to be devoid of negativity. He almost never says a bad word about anything. Rarely complains about decisions where other managers might. He's a good lad

His interview as well after the match basically saying we showed why we're where we are after today. I think he feels deep down we can do big things this season.

That's the one! That's the line. Fantastic.

Was at Jonas, I think.

I thought he got all of it pretty much spot on today.

His tactics in the first half were excellent, we didn't create much but we completely shut Spurs down in midfield and controlled the tempo of the play, how many times do you see VDV and Modric shut out of play? It was unfortunate that we gave away a penalty but individual mistakes happen but I still thought we were the team in control the first half.

Second half we got an early goal and we were still matching Spurs, it was only when the game started to get stretched in the middle that they were able to hit us with their pace and then Defoe's goal followed, he then (with hindsight) made the right subs in bringing Ben Arfa on to join Jonas and Obertan in running with the ball as well as Shola to give Kaboul a bit of a physical battering.

Great finish to the game and a great self belief he's got the players showing, today was the day I went from thinking we were on a decent run and were capable of finishing top half to knowing we've got a decent team who I expect to challenge for top 7.

Really chuffed.

Knew what to do today, and fair play. Team selection still leaves a bit to be desired, but when we're getting the results we are, he's not going to change it just for the hell of getting the 'big' names out there.

And Kaiz's prophecy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the one! That's the line. Fantastic.

:love:

I thought he got all of it pretty much spot on today.

His tactics in the first half were excellent, we didn't create much but we completely shut Spurs down in midfield and controlled the tempo of the play, how many times do you see VDV and Modric shut out of play? It was unfortunate that we gave away a penalty but individual mistakes happen but I still thought we were the team in control the first half.

Second half we got an early goal and we were still matching Spurs, it was only when the game started to get stretched in the middle that they were able to hit us with their pace and then Defoe's goal followed, he then (with hindsight) made the right subs in bringing Ben Arfa on to join Jonas and Obertan in running with the ball as well as Shola to give Kaboul a bit of a physical battering.

Great finish to the game and a great self belief he's got the players showing, today was the day I went from thinking we were on a decent run and were capable of finishing top half to knowing we've got a decent team who I expect to challenge for top 7.

Really chuffed.

:thup:

Was at Jonas, I think.

Well it goes without saying they couldn't handle Tiote, nobody handles the :tiote:

Laid down arguements for backing him when people were calling him worse than shit, so would sound a a bit foolish to say he has surprised me. But he has. He's doing the things I hoped he would, but a good deal better than I'd imagined. Great to see him getting more people onside, and long may it continue.

Some mugs on the radio saying 'we should expect to be where we are, and should stay there' are likely to get a bit of shock in November, and I hope they don't turn on the team if we get couple of hammerings.... but.... it's fucking great that we are in such a positive place that those guys are actually out there getting airtime. :thup:

Yeah, another draw, but fkn buzzin. :D