Alan Pardew

JH

:lol: Won't deny that that's the tiniest of gripes for me. And I mean tiniest. Was just something to be a little proud of, having such an English core to the team. Certainly won't lose sleep over it, like. As far as I'm concerned, Krul, Colo, Jonas, if they stay a few more years they'll be as adopted Geordies as the likes of Nobby :aww:

Couldn't give a fuck really mate, a lot of other teams seem to be doing it, the English market is hugely inflated and you can get far superior, more techincal players, with a better playing style from abroad for less money.

I sort of get what you mean, as it was sort of a nice feeling having Harper, Simpson, Taylor, Barton, Nolan, Ameobi and Carroll in the team.  But if they get replaced with better players, or more effective for our gameplan at least then who cares?

For me that makes the over-valuing of English players so completely counter-productive. What we're doing this season won't go un-noticed,Liverpool aren't gonna finish that far ahead of us,if at all,and at some point John Henry's gonna ask Dogleash why Pardew could achieve similar results with 100m less investment.

Teams will go the cheap foreign route more and more and it'll only effect young uk players coming through,either that or the stockpiling of young talent by the massive clubs will get worse. Or something.

Guest Howaythetoon

This season he's doing an amazing job and if I take of my I don't like Pardew and the whole way he was appointed glasses, I have to say, he's looking a very very good manager. It will still go tits up though :lol: That's the NUFC way!

Guest Howaythetoon

A few Pardew tit bits if you like...

Apparently he is obsessed with the Mourinho way when it comes to tactics, systems and detail, i.e. match preperation. He has his book on his desk. Apparently Carver does most of the coaching in terms of practice matches during training too. Pardew watches on analysing and writing stuff down.

Never seen us train myself so can't comment and of course I've never seen his desk.

A few Pardew tit bits if you like...

Apparently he is obsessed with the Mourinho way when it comes to tactics, systems and detail, i.e. match preperation. He has his book on his desk. Apparently Carver does most of the coaching in terms of practice matches during training too. Pardew watches on analysing and writing stuff down.

Never seen us train myself so can't comment and of course I've never seen his desk.

Read or heard S Taylor quotes today saying how involved in defensive training Pardew is and that he's a perfectionist and constantly on Taylors case.

I genuinely think the fact he's a smooth talker and a pretty well-groomed fellow is an advantage. His visual image is of someone who is modern, stylish and professional. Wearing a suit on the touchline is also just generally so much better than the tracksuit look, that goes for anyone.

Deserves huge credit. Pisses me off when I hear Talkshite and their sort paying credit to Ashley. This good start is all down to Pards and the players, despite Ashley ( not too indifferent to most clubs; manager wants more players than chairman/owner will sanction shocker). The players who left were huge characters, the way the transition has been handled and the team spirit maintained (bettered IMHO) has been a fantastic acheivment. When we signed Marvaeux on a free instead of N'zogbia I predicted the end of the world. Delighted to be proved so so wrong. Undoubtedly there will be tough times to come this season but at the moment he is getting all the plaudits and they're all well deserved.  O0

What's genuinely impressed me is the change I see in some of our players.  When Raylor was initially selected as left back I, along with many others, thought it would be a complete disaster but he has proven himself there and improved measurably on his previous performances for the club (in any position).  Jonas has become a real threat, Guthrie looks good, Best is starting to look like a quality footballer.  Even Saylor has seemed to be cutting out some of the errors and failings that he previously had.

I wonder if having a more than normal point to prove when he arrived, has helped him be ultra focused on his job.

If it did, I hope the fact that the fans are now chanting his name doesnt lessen that focus and lead him into feeling comfortable.

I still think he's a bit of a puppet. As well as he's done since he's been here; like fuck would Alan Pardew be an outstanding candidate for the Newcastle job before he got it. He's in the little circle of those who run the club, no doubt about it - he's abiding by those who've given him the biggest gig of his life. It's just an absolute blessing that he A: happens to have the fans' interests at heart, and B: is a good manager.

We've absolutely fallen on our feet with Pardew; he fits perfectly with the needs of the club, and the needs of the egos that run it. In any other world, he would never have been in line for the Newcastle job. As it turns out, he was the only candidate.

Ho

I still think he's a bit of a puppet. As well as he's done since he's been here; like f*** would Alan Pardew be an outstanding candidate for the Newcastle job before he got it. He's in the little circle of those who run the club, no doubt about it - he's abiding by those who've given him the biggest gig of his life. It's just an absolute blessing that he A: happens to have the fans' interests at heart, and B: is a good manager.

We've absolutely fallen on our feet with Pardew; he fits perfectly with the needs of the club, and the needs of the egos that run it. In any other world, he would never have been in line for the Newcastle job. As it turns out, he was the only candidate.

How do you know he was the only candidate?

He's in the little circle of those who run the club, no doubt about it - he's abiding by those who've given him the biggest gig of his life. It's just an absolute blessing that he A: happens to have the fans' interests at heart, and B: is a good manager.

A) I think that's an extension of having his own interests at heart. He knows he needs to appeal to the fans to gain their support when things get rough.

b) He's an organised manager with excellent motivational skills (when things are going well). We've yet to see him in action when the shit hits the fan.